The next ten minutes were silent until Collins asked "Can I have your number?"
I turned to him and said "Nope"
"Why? We're friends na"
"Friends? If you know me very well you won't call me your friend. I'm wicked o" I said in a bait to shoo him away.
"Don't worry. Me, I am kind and  you know opposites attract"
"No way. Not in this case. Physics does not work here" I disagreed
"How did you know it was physics?" He said making a right swerve to where I would soon drop.
"Ummmm I went to school" I replied in a duhh tone.
"But you were probably an arts student"
"Hmmmm. It's a long story. I did science in my SS1. After I couldn't cope, I moved to arts"
I did science in hope that I would be a doctor one day and when A. Azubuike fell sick he would be admitted to the hospital I worked in and I would give him overdose of prescribed medicine. That was my initial plan, but the science class was way too hard for me to handle as chemistry and physics were my main problems so I moved to arts to become a lawyer and sue my enemy to court. I had crazy plans as a child.
However I did not reveal all that to him, it was none of his business.
"Your life is crazy" he replied
"I know"
"I'll be dropping at that junction please"
"No, tell me where exactly your house is" He said
"Baba just drop me here!" I insisted
"Fine. At least let me have your number" He said parking at the junction.
"Why exactly?".
"Just so we could communicate, we're friends now" He replied handing me his phone.
"Huhh! I'm only doing this because you just saved me transport money." I said and typed in my number in his phone.
"Thank you Precious" He said and I hopped out his car laughing.
"I'm a funny person sha" I said to myself.

I got home and threw myself to the couch. "Hmmmnn" I moaned taking off my white dress shirt. "Omo, today was good sha. Good things have just been coming my way" I said.

I called Onyinye to know where she was and she informed me that she would be late today.
"Okay then. I will just finish the yam and egg sauce I cooked" I said eating.
"Guy stop na!. I haven't eaten well today" she begged and I laughed in mockery.
"No dey whine me abeg" she said and terminated the call.

I finished eating and proceeded to watch some cartoon when my phone rang. Expecting it to be Onyinye,my hopes were dashed as it was my mother. I was in no mood for any bad news.
"Mummy e kaale Ma" I greeted in Yoruba
"Bimbo bawo ni o se wa?(how are you?)"
"Mo wa dada( I am fine)" I replied

"You just left the house yesterday without informing us you were going" she complained. I had been fed up with their argument yesterday and fled to the eatery where I met Collins.
"E ma binu ma(Don't be angry)"I apologised.
"So how was work today?"
"It was fine" I amswered toying with the remote in my hands.

"How old are you Bimbo?" She asked.
"Twenty six, why do you ask?"  I quizzed pretending not to know where this conversation was heading to.
"Don't you think it's time to find me an oko omo mi obirin (son in law), ehn?. Don't you think it's time to give up on that your 'I no go marry' dream" she complained and I chuckled. My mother was so dramatic.

"Mummy haba now! I don't have any 'I no go marry' dream na" I said
"Then why are you not married at this age. Your father will soon go and it will best for him to see his only daughter married before-"
"Mummy don't ever say that again, daddy will not die in Jesus name!" I cut her short.
"Hmmm. Okay o. Sha try and get married before you reach seventy" she said laughing.
"Okay Ma. Gree daddy for me" I said.
"Oya na. Let me leave you to rest. I know you're just coming back" she said and I nodded terminating the call.
My heart was beating twice as fast its normal pace. I took deep breaths till it stopped. I was afraid of losing my dad: That was my biggest fear.

A few minutes later, I heard a knock on the door. "Who is that?" I asked knowing fully well that it was Onyinye.
"Your ancestors. Werey!" She replied and I bursted into laughter and opened the door for her.

"Welcome" I said as she made her way to our kitchen and opened the pot. She sighed in relief as she saw that I did not finish the food as I had said earlier on.
"You're very lucky Bimbo" She said.
"YOU are lucky. I would have finished everything" I replied.
"Babes, omo we party tomorrow. A very rich aunty came to my shop today to sew a fully stoned dress and guess how much I charged her?"
"250k?" I guessed
"I wish though . I charged her150k! Imagine. We are going out tomorrow jor"
"Oshey! As long as the bill is on you I'm there" I said
"Of course na. The bill is on me. Let's come back early tomorrow and go to one fancy restaurant" she replied
"So we can pretend to be rich lagos babes shey?"
"Of course!" she said and went inside to take a shower.

•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•
A/N:
Hello lovely readers🙂 Thank you for making it to the end. Make sure to vote if you loved this chapter 🥺. I was supposed to update on Thursday but I could not due to certain reasons 🙏 Please pardon me.
Tell me what you think about Bimbo, Collins and Onyinye  in the comments❤️.
See you next week Thursday in chapter III💕🙂.