𝐥𝐱𝐯𝐢. ✭ 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍

╔═════ ∘◦ ⛧ミ ◦∘ ══════╗

MATTHEW 5:28-29

But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ⛧ ◦∘ ═════╝

MARCH 26, 1986; EDDIE
5:45 - 6:17 p.m.

Background Music
——————————————
-My Love Mine All Mine by Mitski-
⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

"Look, Eds, shiny!" Chance announced proudly, holding out one of the hunting knives she had been polishing for me to see. "Just like a mirror."

Plucking the reflective weapon from her hands, I raised it, finding my grubby face looking back at me. "Holy shit, Christ, I'm grimy." My skin felt the dirt that had settled on it the night before.

"You got that right." Dustin snorted, hammering nails into the top of a garbage can. "Both of you guys are."

"Hey!" Nothing but laughs, Chance pushed herself forward from her spot beside us in the field, smacking the kid on the shoulder. "We ain't that dirty."

The girl in front of me had an adorable smudge on her nose, a scabbed-over gash on the top of her forehead, scratches, and bruises—some hickeys, some from the rough few days we'd had—littered across every visible bit of skin. I hated to say it but Dustin was right. The two of us did look a little worse for wear.

"Not nothing a little polishing can't fix." I joked, grabbing up the thin towel in Chance's possession. Seconds later, I rubbed off the dirt smeared on my girlfriend's scrunched nose. She giggled in response, snatching it away from me to polish my rings.

Still, after all this time, with her fingers toying with mine, I felt zaps of electricity jolting through me. Every touch, every glance, every smile Chance gifted me with felt particularly special at the time. Instinct was telling me to pause and cherish them...so that's what I did, listen to my gut.

Sending her a warm look to show her how much I cared, I messed up her already unkempt hair before turning back to my work. There with Chance basically perched on my shoulder, I resumed fitting nails into the van coverings to make some killer shields.

The others were spread around the abandoned meadow in this perfect sweet spot between Red Wing and Hawkins. This is where we decided to armor up and bolster our limited but deadly weapon supply.

Nancy and Max were sawing off her shotgun, the Sinclair siblings were crafting spears, and Robin and Steve were concocting amateur explosives—Molotov cocktails.

Once Dustin and I had finished making the now spiky, porcupine-like defense materials, I decided to have some fun, making a show out of the shields.

"How's she feeling?" He asked with the corner of his metallic mouth quirked up.

"Light," I answered, thrusting the killer trash can lid into the air. "But durable." Spinning to face the audience who watched me, I did it again to see their wide smiles. "Deadly. But reliable."