Chapter 8

"𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖘𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 you're going to be fine?" Severus stressed, watching me get dressed to go out. I had wrapped a red scarf around my neck and was wearing my winter clothes. Remus was snuggled up in Severus' arms as my husband held him. 

"Severus, everything is planned perfectly." I said warmly, making sure to grab my journal and stuck it in my coat pocket. "And besides, even if something were to go wrong, I have my time-turner. I will turn back time if necessary and stop myself. But, it's a last resort and not needed." 

Severus paced as I counted down the minutes. 

"You'll watch Remus while I'm gone?" I asked. I didn't know if he had any Headmaster duties. Not that it mattered, there was no one else to watch him anyways. 

"Of course." Severus muttered. "In any case of emergency I'll call for Dobby." 

"Brilliant idea." I breathed, though there was a stab of pain in my heart for Dobby. I needed to figure out how to save him. I just had to. 

"Alright," I said in an upbeat tone, pushing away any thoughts of death. "I'm ready. It's time. I'll see you later." 

"Mm, see you later." Severus hummed, leaning down and kissing me on the lips. I smiled, and quickly left the headmaster's bedroom. I turned into a cat to leave the office and then padded down and out across the grounds. 

Trang was lurking near the Forbidden Forest and then we slipped out down the path towards Hogsmeade. From there, we would hike up towards the mountain that Sirius had apparated in once, and we would apparate out from there. 

I didn't think we'd stay long. I didn't want to interfere with this future that much, especially since I told them I wouldn't be coming along on the mission. Plus, I still wasn't sure if bringing the food parcel was a good idea; Ron being hungry and cranky seemed rather imperative to the future. Regardless, it was only the one time and there was only a few days worth anyways. 

Trang headed through the village, which was unusually empty. Even Rosmerta's pub was tightly shut and the lights were dim in the lanterns. Passing the Hogsheads, I couldn't help but leap up onto the windowsill, walking along it, but there was no sign of Aberforth. 

Eventually we reached the mountain and we walked under the cover of the shadows. I turned human once more, took Trang's hand, and apparated. 

Hermione, Ron, and Harry were already there in the forest. Harry was hurrying to Hermione and Ron's side, holding a small bottle in his hands. 

"He's fainted." I heard Hermione say and Trang and I hurried over to their sides. Hermione jumped when she saw us and I knelt, putting the food package down next to Harry. "Unstopper it for me, Harry, my hands are shaking." 

Harry did so and Hermione administered the potion to Ron's wounds. I coughed a little as the greenish smoke wafted upwards, bringing a burning smell with it. 

"Wow." Harry said. 

"It's all I feel safe doing." Hermione said. "There are spells that would put him completely right, but I daren't try in case I do them wrong and cause them damage. . . He's lost so much blood already. . ." 

"He'll be okay." I reassured her, not offering to do anything for him. I would leave this be. 

"How did he get hurt? I mean, why are we here? I thought we were going back to Grimmauld Place?" Harry asked, trying to make sense of what was happening. I got up and walked away to Hermione's bag, summoning the tent. With another flourish of my wand, the tent was erect and set up. 

I brought Hermione's bag inside, putting it down on the table and then went back out to get the basket of food. 

"-Charm's protection. Since Dumbledore died, we're Secret-Keppers, so I've given him the secret, haven't I?" Hermione was asking Harry.