Chapter 1

TAP THAT LITTLE STAR AND LEAVE A VOTE!

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

"𝕻𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖊, 𝕴 𝖆𝖒 begging you." I said desperately, Uncle Moody and I the only people in the small room at the Burrow. He didn't listen to me, continuing to repack the sacks that he would be taking to Harry's house tonight.

The night that my uncle would die.

"Kane, enough." Uncle Moody said gruffly, making sure that the pairs of clothes and glasses were all there. "I'll be fine."

"What part of, 'Voldemort kills you in the air while you're on a broomstick and you fall to your death' don't you understand?" I asked bitingly. "And why won't you let me tell the others? They should know that you're going to let yourself be killed!"

Mad-eye finally stopped, glaring at me with both eyes, before allowing his magical one to rotate around the house. Once he had confirmed that no one was listening in, he said, "Kane, this future of yours that plays out. It relies on them having no idea Death Eaters are in the sky. You won't be there, and I'll be the only one on alert. Or are you doubting my skill?"

"Of course not!" I protested as he started duplicating Hedwig's cage with stuffed snowy owls inside of it. "And make that seven, not six!"

Uncle Moody sighed but duplicated another cage so that there were seven instead of the original six that I had seen before, "And why did I do that?"

"Because Harry's owl Hedwig also dies tonight!" I snapped angrily, trying to get him to see it. "But Trang and I are going to take the owl to safety separately. And you are going to send someone else in your place!"

"And if I send someone else in my place than that person will die, and the others will wonder why I did so." Uncle Moody growled. "I love you, Elizabeth, but I will not back down from this fight."

A baby crying interrupted the air, and I closed my eyes, knowing I had to go and get my son. Uncle Moody clapped my shoulder, squeezing tightly, before stomping out of the room. Taking a deep breath so I didn't cry, I headed from the room.

Taking the staircase, I found that Trang already had Remus on her hip, trying to shush him softly. She looked up when the door opened and handed him off to me easily. "He just woke up."

"Thanks." I said softly, looking out the window. Bill and Dad were talking out in the garden, everyone getting ready for the last preparations. "You ready?"

"Sure." Trang nodded solemnly. Out of everyone else who was in the Order, only Trang and Uncle Moody knew what was happening tonight. Trang, because she kept all my secrets with her life. And Uncle Moody because I was trying to change his future.

"Are you?" She countered.

"He won't listen to me." I whispered softly, rocking back and forth. Remus had quieted down and was falling asleep again, but I didn't want to put him down. "He's repeating what Cedric told me. What Sirius told me. He knows the future, he'll be fine. I know he won't. But what can I do?"

Trang nodded, sitting down on the bed. "What you've done every other time Elizabeth. Pray."

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

𝕴𝖙 𝖙𝖔𝖔𝖐 𝕳𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖞 only a few seconds to run out his backdoor, Hermione wrapping her arms under him first as we arrived at his house. The skies seemed clear enough for the arrival at the very least, but I knew it was just a ruse and my stomach was turning in my stomach.

"Change of plan." Uncle Moody grunted suddenly, "Let's get undercover before we talk you through it."

Harry pulled me into a side hug as I stepped into the kitchen and then Trang. I took refuge at the kitchen table, sitting on the edge of it with Trang coming to stand next to me.