Affrimation type thing?-

A collection of things I need to remind myself of or want to hear more as a Quadrobist and therian! I hope some of you guys find it encouraging as well!

Quads affirmations and encouragement:

-It's okay if you don't get it right away, practice makes perfect, and one day you'll be the next quads legend!

-If something hurts or you're out of breath, take a break and drink some water. Get back at it in 30 minutes or so! (Unless of course you've hurt yourself bad, if you can't put pressure on it take a longer break)

-Other people's best is just that, their best. Our best is not theirs, so continue to practice and move
forward, because as you get better your best changes.

Things I wish I heard more as a therian or want to hear:

-You don't have to have shifts, even though they can be fun, helpful, and a validating thing. They are also painful, scary, and disorienting.

-You don't have to have mental shifts, and you don't have to have any type of shift a lot.

(I personally am a suntherian so I don't get M-shifts and instead feel more animalistic urges at times. I also only experience phantom tail shifts we happy or excited and sensory shifts and very rarely)

-It's okay to confuse your theriotype or constantly be searching for you theriotype.

(I thought I was a bear therian and still kinda think I might be but I am not so sure, and I'm constantly wondering if a specific behavior might go with a theriotype I haven't discovered I am yet. I am also worried that I am falsely identifying with being a cat therian and I'm really not a therian at all)

-It's okay if you feel you have 5 theriotypes or just 1, everyone is valid. As long as they didn't chose their theriotype(s).

-It's okay if you don't do a lot of "therian" stuff, lots of adult therians don't do any "therian" stuff.

(I personally don't own or make a lot of masks or tails. I don't wear gear all the time, and I don't do vocals except when I get extreme urges and those never sound quite like my theriotypes. I don't constantly do quads, and I don't only draw my theriotypes)

-It's okay to be human as well. We were born in this body and while we have past lives, strong connections, longings to be our animal counterparts. We are still human, and that's okay.

I hope some of this help you as hearing and writing them has helped me.