⁰⁵, A NEW INTRODUCTION

Magsimula sa umpisa

  "What do you mean?"

  "My dad wasn't the kindest man around," Dean continued, "Hershel gave me a chance to be better than him. He accepted my sister and Zep when they came to visit- acted like they were already part of his family."

  Dean looked at Glenn with a smile.

  "Guess you can tell who got all the talkin' genes, huh?"

🗡

  Beth Greene didn't seem all too bothered to be, essentially, sharing a room with little Zeppelin Williams.

  "I want to go meet them," Zeppelin whined, peering out the front window, "Maybe they have more books."

  "Your mom said not to leave, Zep," Beth informed quietly, "We can go get a snack if you want."

  Zeppelin frowned, sinking to the floor.

  "What about if I just give a card to that lady? The one whose daughter is missing?"

  Beth's expression melted at the puppy-dog eyes Zeppelin was giving her.

  "Zep. . ."

  "Pretty please?"

  Beth sighed, nodding.

  "Just the card, and then come back," Beth said, "I don't want you to get in trouble."

  Zeppelin was already out the door as Beth spoke.

  She was halfway out the front door before she was clotheslined by her own uncle.

  "Rats," Zeppelin mumbled as Dean threw the girl over his shoulder, "Beth said--"

  "Don't throw your accomplice under the bus," Dean laughed, turning to Glenn, "And now you can see who got all the trouble genes, too."

  Zeppelin pushed herself up, spotting a new face and instantly grinning.

  "My name's Zeppelin, but most people call me Zep," The girl introduced herself, "I only wanted to give this card to. . . oh, what's her name, Uncle Dean?"

  "Kid, I don't know who you're talking about," Dean mumbled.

  "Carol?" Glenn questioned, eyeing the card she held, "She's the mother of the girl that's missing."

  "Yes, exactly," Zeppelin confirmed, "Please, Uncle Dean?"

  The man sighed, setting her down.

  "Just, stay where I can see you, kid," Dean said in defeat, "And be back for lunch-- your mom'll kill me if you don't eat."

  Zeppelin started down the steps before turning quickly.

  "What's your name?" She asked.

  "Glenn," He responded in a laugh.

  "Very nice to meet you, Glenn!" Zeppelin called as she ran toward the newcomer's camp with a wide smile on her face.

  And Zeppelin Williams greeted every single person or thing she could.

  She'd already met Lori Grimes, Carl's father, but said hello to the woman again. Zeppelin was then faced with an unfamiliar older man, who looked shockingly similar to what she pictured as a real-life Santa Claus.

  "My name's Zeppelin," She greeted him, "I'm looking for Miss Carol, I made a card for her."

  "Well, Zeppelin that's awfully kind of you," He smiled, "I'm Dale; Carol's right inside the R.V."

  "Thank you, Mister Dale," Zeppelin grinned, halting her steps, "Hey, I don't suppose you have any books, do you?"

  "What kind of books?"

  "Anything-- I've read through everything my mom has."

  "I'm sure I could find something for you," Dale smiled.

  "Thank you," Zeppelin smiled, before approaching the R.V.

  She knocked on the door, bouncing on the balls of her feet.   

  The door opened, revealing a thin woman with close-cropped gray hair. She was shocked at first but met the girl with a smile quickly.

  "My name's Zeppelin Williams," The girl said brightly, "I don't mean to bother you, I just came to bring this."

  Zeppelin extended the card with a smile.

  "You're not a bother," Carol laughed gently, accepting the card, "Oh, this is beautiful, did you draw this?"

  "I sure did," Zeppelin babbled as the woman opened to card to read it, "My mom had me in extra summer camps for art-- she thinks I could do the real thing-- my Uncle Dean went to NYU for film and--"

  The girl's eyes widened in surprise as Carol pulled her into a tight hug.

  "Thank you," Carol said thickly.

  Zeppelin melted into the hug.

  "You're welcome," She smiled, "Hey, is there anything I can help with? Hershel doesn't want me doing a whole lot-- thinks I should act like a kid while I can."

  "He's right about that one," Carol smiled, "But. . . we're making dinner for the whole family tonight. If you'd like to help."

  "Oh, wow, I would love to!"

WORD COUNT : 1165