Chapter 8: Azula Lies

Start from the beginning

"Three years ago today I was banished. I lost it all. I want it back. I want the Avatar, I want my honor, I want my throne. I want my father not to think I'm worthless." Zuko spoke with anger, looking up to his uncle now. You had lost respect for your father long ago while all Zuko wanted was his fathers approval. You couldn't imagine being in a place where his father meant literally everything to him.

"I'm sure he doesn't! Why would he banish you if he didn't care?" Iroh said, making hand motions. You shook your head and covered your face with your hand from Iroh's accidental insensitive words. Zuko got up quickly and walked away, kicking dust as he did.

"Erg... that came out wrong, didn't it?" Iroh asked, you nodding your head. You got up as well and sighed.

"I'll go talk to him. Thank you for trying though.. He's just sensitive." You rubbed the back of your neck as Iroh hummed.

"My girl, You've always had a way with calming prince Zuko down. He gets so infuriated at little things.. I can only hope he finds his way." You smiled to Iroh's words before following after Zuko's steps.

You slowed your steps as you looked to Zuko, the teen leaning against the fence of the mountain and staring into the waters. You noticed the smoke leaving his palms, hands clenching into fist to stop from accidentally fire bending. You came closer to Zuko and placed your hand against his arm, Zuko flinching and looked down at you angrily. He let out a huff when he noticed it was just you, shoving your hand off of him.

"What do you want?" Zuko asked, eyebrows furrowed. His eyes looked down to the ground, hands now gripping the fence instead. You shrugged your shoulders and leaned against the fence next to him, nibbling onto your bottom lip.

"Iroh didn't mean to say it like that earlier. He was just trying to make you feel-" You started, Zuko interrupting you quickly.

"I don't care how he tried to make me feel, he told me my father banishing me was him caring. I know my father doesn't care about me." Zuko breathed out, eyes closing.

"I know Zuko.. He didn't mean to. I understand-" Zuko interrupted you once more,

"No you wouldn't! My father banished-" Zuko opened his eyes and looked down to you, you pushing at his chest roughly, causing Zuko to stumble back a bit.

"I don't understand Zuko? You act like my father cares about me! He got me banished because he didn't want to deal with his own consequences-" You yelled, pushing roughly at his chest with hot hands from your anger. Zuko grunted, wearing a provoked look on his face. He opened his mouth to defend his point, but you spoke much quicker before him, "then he tried to marry me off to some old admiral! And don't talk about your father punishing only you, because he punished me too." You yelled at him, hitting once more at his chest. Zuko grabbed your wrist and was still with you for a moment. He twisted it and pushed you away, making you hiss and hold at your wrist.

"And did he leave you a scar on your face to prove how much he hates you?" he asked lowly, pointing to his eye. "now everywhere I look I'm considered a freak- a victim. Not a prince. Go complain about your problems to someone who cares." he spoke coldly, your heart growing so tight it felt like it was about to pop. Though Zuko could be mean, he had never been so cold with you before. You opened your mouth to speak but nothing came out, so instead you closed it.