From A Far - P. HN x Reader

Mulai dari awal

"Do you think she'll survive?" I unconsciously asked the girl.

I watched as she took a long breath.

The girl stared at her painting for a while and before she could answer me... I saw a tear running down her cheek...

"Yes, I think any angel who takes a fall that great is bound to survive in one way or another," The girl said with a soft but sad gummy smile.

My soul sighed in that moment.

It felt like I had taken my first breath in life.

"Here, I want you to have it! When I become the greatest painter in the world, I want you to be the first one to say "I have a P.H. Original"!"

I tilted my head a bit confused.

The girl simply handed me the painting and walked into the night.

I stared at the painting for a while before deciding to take home.

On a night when I was heading over to my death...

This girl had managed to distract me enough to save me.

It didn't take long for me to use all of my resources to find the girl from that night.

Her name was Pham Hanni.

She had recently graduated from the "Royal College of Art" in London. Prior to that, she had been a Ph.D. candidate at Harvard's "Biological Sciences in Public Health" department.

Miss Pham had recently, at the time, submitted a request to join the "Modern Arts" exhibit at my family's museum but was rejected, because quote.....

"She wasted her life with painting instead of graduating from Harvard".

Miss Pham's request included the quote... "I want to save someone's life with my paintings. I have always wanted to save lives and I think that science isn't the only way to go about it."

After my initial research, I was so intrigued that I did a deeper look into Miss Pham's life.

Unfortunately, I was left a bit disillusioned with her background.

You would think that Miss Pham was well off just by the sheer fact that she attended such prestigious schools... but that was far from the truth...

From what I could find, Miss Pham was in South Korea on her own. She was living in a small studio and had to borrow a lot of money to open her own gallery.

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me.

It wasn't because she was not wealthy or known or anything of the sort... it didn't even have anything to do with me really....

It's because, I knew, my parents would never even approve of me having a friendship with a commoner.

My statutes did not allow for such fruitless relationships.

But I didn't care,

By a pure and wholesome painting... started a wonderful... yet one-sided... relationship.

- Hanni POV -

It had been 2 years since I opened up my gallery.

When I got rejected from the "Leeum Museum of Art", I had lost all hope in life.... but that day changed my life.

I was walking down to the museum owner's headquarters to just jump off the building... but I got entranced by the beautiful fiery sunset that appeared to be engulfing the building I intended to jump off of.