Chapter 27: Moving On

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"That was amazing. Thank you." He smiled.

"Anytime."

I looked at the line and people were getting annoyed.

"Some of you can come over here."

A few customers made their way over to me. I started serving them and soon everyone was happy. Daniel was impressed, customers were happy and I was depressed. I missed Klaus, I didn't want to leave him in the street alone, but I just had to. It wouldn't be right for me to forgive him right away. He needs to learn that what he did was wrong and he needs to earn me back.

"Hey Leigh you ok?" Daniel asked wiping the bar.

"Yeah I'm fine, just thinking."

"Thanks for coming in. It was horrible before you got here." Daniel said.

"Anytime."

The crowd was beginning to dwindle down. Soon the bar would be closing and everyone could go home, including me.

Daniel walked over to me and handed me a key.

"What's this?"

"It's a key to close the bar up. I figured I could trust you. I have to pick up my son at my moms. So could you close up tonight?"

"You're son?"

"He's eight, sweet kid, so will you close up?" he asked.

"Yeah. Sure." I said.

"Thanks." He hugged me and then left.

It was almost two a.m. A few older men were left.

"Hey guys. Its closing time you got to go. Come back tomorrow." I said. The last of the people started to leave and then it was just me. I went over to the door and locked it. I started to clean up the mess and heard something behind me. I turned to look and saw nothing. Maybe someone was in the bathroom. I checked the women's and heard no one. Then the men's and got the same feedback. Nothing. I walked over to the mess on the floor and started cleaning it up. I heard another noise and stood up. I looked all around me and seen nothing. I slowly backed up and ran into someone.

"AHHHHHH!"

"Shhh....shhh.... It's only me." I turned and seen Marcel.

"Oh my god! You ass!" I slapped him in the chest.

"Feisty." He laughed. Marcel pulled me into a hug.

"I miss you Leigh. I didn't think you'd be working here, after all you don't drink." He said.

"Yeah I don't but after Klaus kicked me out, broke up with me and tried to kill me and-"

"Whoa wait. Klaus kicked you out, broke up with you and tried to kill you?" Marcel asked.

"Yeah but he wants me back." I said.

"You obviously said no, because if you didn't you would be back at the quarter snuggled up with Klaus in his bed." Marcel said.

"Just don't talk about it."

"Why'd you say no? You love him." Marcel said.

"Because he doesn't deserve me after what he did. He needs to learn he doesn't always get what he wants. He needs to prove it to me that he wants me."

"Sounds like you don't want to be with him anymore." Marcel said.

"Why do you say that?"

"Come on Leigh. We both know Niklaus Mikaelson isn't going to bow down to anyone. He's not going to prove anything to you. And you know that. So if you're waiting on that, good luck because you'll never get it. And if that's your way of letting go then so be it. But he's not going to fight for you. Plus he's been shacking up with that Genevieve girl ever since that night. The redhead." Marcel walked behind the bar and pulled out some scotch.