Chapter 24: Truth

Start from the beginning

"That is my business." Elijah said.

"But Klaus is my boyfriend." I said.

"And Klaus is my brother, if I try to stop him from doing something he'll try and kill me. But I cannot die, you on the other hand he can kill and you'll stay dead." Elijah said.

"He won't hurt me." I said.

"Leighanne he hurt you before, he'll do it again if it means getting what he wants." Marcel said.

I leaned back against the seat and we pulled up to an abandon building.

"This is the sanatorium?" I asked Marcel.

"Yep." He said.

They got out of the car and left me. I wanted to get out and find Klaus myself. But with him being upset I'm not so sure that's the right thing to do. Klaus won't hurt me, would he? If he does it to his siblings, I'm sure he'll have no problem doing it to me. I got out of the car and ran into the sanatorium. I quietly shut the front door. I heard footsteps down the hall.

"REBEKAH! REBEKAH!" They yelled. Klaus. He knows. As much as I don't like Rebekah since she killed me and all, I can't let Klaus kill her. She's his sister and I can't let him kill her. He'll live with guilt forever. I ran down the hall, looking for him.

"Rebekah!" Klaus yelled. I walked down the steps and into the basement. I stopped at the top, when I heard them talking, then I heard something break. I ran down the steps to see Marcel on the ground, and Elijah holding Klaus.

"Run as far and as fast as you can." Elijah said.

"Klaus." I said running over to him.

"Hey look at me." I said.

He couldn't move or talk.

"Elijah what the hell did you do?" I asked.

"I staked him with a blade that immobilizes him." He said.

"Elijah you what?" I screamed.

"Leighanne I did it to save my sister." He said.

"What about Klaus. You didn't save him." I yelled.

"Leighanne-"

"Shut up!" I yelled. "Let's get Klaus back to the quarter."

I got up and walked out to the car, with Elijah following behind. He placed Klaus in the back seat. I sat in the front. I didn't want to be around Elijah right now. But it was my only option. We drove back to the quarter, and it was pretty late. I went inside and changed into my pajamas let Elijah take care of Klaus. I walked back into our bedroom and Elijah had put Klaus into the bed.

"I suggest you don't sleep in here tonight." Elijah said.

"Then were do you suggest I sleep?" I asked.

"I heard the couch is nice." Elijah said.

"Fine." I said. Elijah handed me a pillow and a blanket. I walked over to Klaus and kissed his forehead. I walked into the living room and laid on the couch. I made myself comfortable and thought about what was going to happen tomorrow. Was Klaus going to go on a rampage? Will Rebekah be safe? What about Marcel? Where have they ran off too? So many questions and only time will answer them. I closed my eyes, hoping my dreams would be less complicated than reality.

As daylight shined through the window, I woke. I sat up and stretched. I walked into the bedroom to see Klaus. I walked over to his side and his shirt was off. I seen the gash where the blade went in. Maybe I should take it out? But then again I don't know what I'm doing. I felt bad for letting him leave me the other night. If those stupid vampires weren't looking for me then I'd be safe and we wouldn't be in this predicament. I watched as he slowly opened his eyes.