Chapter 5.4: Death

She hears moaning and groaning coming from her room, She quickly sprints to her room and slams the door open and is blasted by flames, but due to the current quirk being activated she is protected but blind. She tries to see, but the flames are bright and ever brighter, she suddenly hears her mom speak.

"Mika? Mika! Is that you? Oh, Mika! I'm sorry! A-A villain.. he had come in a-and he-"

The ceiling collapses into the room as a grunt is heard coming her mom, She tries to push through the flames and see, but she sees more fire. Nevertheless, her mom continues to talk.

"He went in, h-he seemed insane... he pulled me into y-your room and then he-"

The girl, who we now know is "Mika", pushes through and sees her mom on the ground, her arms and legs torn off, the open wounds were sewn shut to keep her alive. Her mom was naked on the ground, as she had her face to the ground and was just lying there. Her mom then coughs out a white liquid and looks up, only for Mika to see that her eyes were torn out as well, and her throat slit.

"M-Mika, are you there? Mika, answer me! I-I'm sorry if you had to see this... I-I didn't mean for this to h-happen... I tried calling the p-police, but he cut off the line an-and-"

Mika kneeled down and hugged her mom, she hugged and cried as she removes her own clothes and places them over her mom, leaving her upper body in her lingerie.

"It will be alright mom... I promise, I-I won't let anything happen to you ever again"

Mika's mom then makes sobbing noises as she answers her daughter's sad plea.

"I-I'm sorry, I am so sorry"

Mika lifts her mom, and then runs out of the house. From outside, people watch as Mika walks out with her mom in her arms, they all gasp and start whispering to each other.

"Why is she naked?"

"Is that her mom?"

"How disgusting"

"She should cover up"

"How could her mom let this happen?"

"How could SHE let this happen"

Mika drowned out their voices as she falls to her knees with her mom still in her arms, she begins to cry as the tears dropped down to her mom's cheeks, to which the mom smiles, and musters energy to comfort her daughter one last time.

"Don't cry, it will be alright. I know you'll get through this, you are my strong and brave girl, your my daughter, I'll always watch you with your father. We will keep you safe from above"

Mika hugs her mom as she sobs loudly into her shoulder, as she feels the blood coming from her mom's eye sockets drip down to her cheek as well. Her mom was crying tears of blood as she smiled for her daughter, keeping a strong face for her daughter.

"Mom! don't go! please! I-I don't want you to leave! I can't handle losing you and dad! You two are the only things I had in my life! Why can't you stay!"

"N-Now dear... don't be selfish, this is the time for me t-to go. Even so... I-I will always be with you, I-In your heart"

"MOM!"

"I love you, dear. Good night"

Mika's mom musters the strength to tilt her neck to the side and give her daughter a reassuring kiss on the side of her forehead, before her pulse stops. Mika then lifts her mom up once more, as lightning starts to surge from her body, and she runs to the beach in the matter of seconds.

As she arrives, she just stands there with her mom in her arms, the slight ocean breeze blows against her soft skin, the sun light shining down on the water, reflecting off a sense of beauty as it glows against the tides. She looks down at her arms, to see her mom's face. Her mom was smiling, and had a reassuring look on her.

"I love you, mom"

Mika then places her mom down on the soft beach, and she digs a 7 ft hole, which took some time. She then places her mom into the ground and then she buries her, and she sits beside the place where she buried her.

"This was your favorite place mom, I wondered if you wanted to see it one last time"

Mika then gets up and looks in the direction of where her house is, she sees that some heroes arrived, and especially All Might. She sees that he then puts out the fire with a single punch, and then walks in. Her face grows dark, as she walks back with her head down. She arrives and walks to the gate of her home, where the neighbors were still, they were reporting to the officers what they saw.

They then pointed at Mika, as the police turned to her. They then sigh and scratch their heads, as they approached her.

"Hey, kid-"

She walks past them, to enter her home. They then put a hand on her shoulder and try to stop her, she does stop and turn to them, as her green eyes glare at them.

"Let go"

With those simple words, The police officers had let go of her and backed off. She walked into her home, as she sees All Might investigating with some other police officers, before her turns to leave.

"Ah!"

He sees Mika standing there, with her head down.

"You must be the residence of this place, you see-"

"Why?"

She looks up, as electricity begins to surge off of her.

"Huh? Ummm why what, Miss?"

"Why weren't you here sooner?"

The electricity starts to make the lights go on and off, and sparks to fly out of the plugs. All Might watches in amusement and a hint of... fear?

"Excuse me?"

"WHY DIDN' YOU SAVE HER?!"

Suddenly thunder strikes down on the house, as All Might makes quick motion to dodge this and grab the investigators. He manages to grab them, and he tries to grab Mika as well, but she dodges, as if she was faster than All Might and then All Might speeds out the house and turns back to see that the house was no destroyed, and Mika was no where to be found.

"W-Who was she...?"

~1022 Words! this chapter was fun to make, by fun I mean that I had a blast, that still sounds wrong... Yeah, this chapter was a sad one, but I tried to make it realistic. Well as realistic as what I think reality is nowadays, anyway... I hope you guys had fun, see ya'll later~