SS.3 - A New Goal (Sakayanagi)

Start from the beginning

But I'd want something in return for this deal. Something more tangible than dealing a morale blow to Ryuuen-kun. "However, may I add one condition?"

"It wouldn't be a negotiation if only one side got what they want."

Seems like he was perceptive enough to understand what I wanted. And I only had one condition in mind.

"When the time comes, you will fulfill any favor I have for you. That is all I ask."

"Any favor?" He mused.

"Any. If you do not agree this deal will not work out."

If he wasn't willing to agree this negotiation would fall through. I doubt that if it did, Class D would end up losing this exam. But Fukumoto-kun wanted these test questions to widen the margin of their victory.

He took a brief moment to think over the proposition and then provided his answer.

"I'll do it without hesitation."

You should've thought about this more carefully.

"I thank you for the pleasant negotiation," I offered him my right hand to close on this new deal between class leaders.

Fukumoto-kun, with extreme care and caution, gently wrapped his hand around mine and shook it lightly. A true gentleman who cared for my fragile condition.

"Can I assume this request will be whenever you want and lasts till we graduate?" Fukumoto-kun asked.

"You are a perceptive one, Fukumoto-kun."

We all have a goal in life, do we not?

It may be striving to win, like the confident man across from me.

It may be to live a life of freedom. Or to achieve status and recognition in life.

Everyone has a goal they would do anything to reach for.

I am one of those people.

Striving for one goal. To destroy that fake genius. To show once and for all that one's worth in life is determined by their genes. No matter their work rate or desire, they can never achieve anything more than what was already predestined for them at birth.

My goal is to dethrone the fake genius, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

I too, like the man sitting across from me, would go to any lengths to achieve this desire.

Maybe that's where I find this subconscious trust in Fukumoto-kun. Because we both share a strong desire to fulfill our dreams.

I believe he has fostered a new goal inside me.

While my absolute desire is to reveal the shortcomings of the Whiteroom by taking down its greatest masterpiece.

A new ambition has crept inside my mind as I've gotten to know this man.

A secondary motive to vanquish the foe across from me. He has sparked that interest in me. In due time, I will find a way to challenge Fukumoto-kun head-on. Whether that be after my battle with Ayanokouji-kun or not, only time will tell.

But when that time comes, I expect a tremendous battle, Fukumoto-kun. Show me whether you're a fake genius or not. Show me why this new goal of mine shouldn't be a superfluous thought.

Too much is unknown about the man across from me. But that does add a layer of excitement to this battle. He brings his own type of intrigue that makes my heart flutter.

Give me a thrilling battle and never yield. Show me what you are truly made of.

"Sakayanagi? Are you alright?" Fukumoto's voice called out to me.

"Oh, my condolences. I was just lost on a train of thought for a moment."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN's:

HELLO, HOW ARE ALL OF YOU???

i wanted to thank you all for the support on this story, it means so much to me and i just hope you all are enjoying it!

i plan to continue writing this story for as long as I can (until the official series ends lol) so it means alot for all your support

APPLE FACT:

did you know that largest apple picked weighed three pounds? 

absolutely wild lol

anyways i hope you enjoy your days!

until next time, legends