| 8 | Ulterior Motives

Start from the beginning

As his irritancy returned, Sebastien turned around and headed for the door. "Just send it."

But he wasn't done. His anxiety started overpowering his annoyance, and the thought of Clementine being in danger because this mission was going to take too long urged him to try and speed things up.

He sighed when he reached the door and turned to face Lucian. "What should we do with Wilson? He won't tell Jackson where the lab is until his Alpha wakes up and decides whether Wilson can travel with them. This whole thing is a ticking time bomb; we can't afford to wait. And...I think Wilson has ulterior motives. He seems a little too desperate for simply wanting to uncover evidence to write a story and expose some shady companies."

Lucian looked at him again. "That depends. If I read his mind, are you gonna go running back to Daddy Alucard to tell him I'm being bad again?"

Sebastien scoffed, but Lucian had a point. He did tell Caedis when Lucian was acting up and doing things he shouldn't be...but that was one of his jobs. However, he wouldn't tell Caedis this time because someone had to make this call. He had to make this call to try and save Clementine from the dangers that might flood into Silverlake. "Okay, A: he's not my daddy, and B: I wanna get this shit done as much as anyone else. So, I don't care how we get the answers."

"Oh, really? Because that wasn't the attitude you expressed previously."

He sighed and crossed his arms. "I'm not going to tell anyone, okay? I just think we should get the answers ourselves in case their Alpha doesn't wake up or whoever's next in charge decides that Wilson can't go with them, which is incredibly likely because Wilson's a muto tigris."

"Obviously," Lucian grumbled. Then, he waved him off as he said, "I'll do it in a minute."

"I'm coming with you," Sebastien said firmly. Despite saying he wasn't going to tell Caedis about this, he was still going to do his job and supervise Lucian.

Lucian sighed as he closed his laptop. Then, he got up, headed over to the door, and passed Sebastien.

Sebastien followed him through the building. Once they reached the room Wilson was being held inside, however, he looked at Lucian and said, "Just don't hurt him."

But Lucian responded with a devious smile and headed into the room.

"Who the hell are you?" Wilson asked. "Where's Jackson?"

Sebastien watched as Lucian approached the table.

"Out of respect for my colleague," Lucian said, stopping beside Wilson, "I'm giving you one last chance to tell us what we want to know. Decline and things will get very uncomfortable very quickly."

Wilson scoffed. "I already made my deal with Jackson. Go and talk to him."

"Okay, decision made—"

Lucian snatched a fistful of Wilson's hair and forced his head down onto the table. Wilson tried to fight—he tried kicking and writhing around—but there wasn't anything he could do.

"Fighting is only gonna make this worse for you," Lucian muttered as he placed his free hand's middle and index fingers on Wilson's temple.

"Get off me, you demon scumbag!" Wilson growled.

"You knew what you were getting into," Lucian replied.

And then, Wilson stopped struggling. He fell still and silent, his eyes glazed over...and there wasn't anything he was going to be able to do to stop Lucian.

Sebastien started to feel a little guilty, though. Yes, they needed the information from Wilson sooner rather than later so they could start planning their trip to wherever the lab was, but this move was most likely going to compromise Wilson's friendship with Jackson. Sebastien was supposed to be keeping Jackson on his side...and this was going to prove to him that he couldn't trust him or the Venaticus to live up to their promises.