16 | The Guardian of the Walls

Start from the beginning

"Dad..." I called out to him. Before I could react, he reached down on the oracle, grabbed his neck and stood on his towering height. The ballistic future seeker began to choke, begging for his mercy while he tried to claw his way out of my father's grip.

"You hide something from me, Anton. I can hear your blood slither with deception like snakes waiting to bite a host. I never told you I had the girl here but you told me to take her away. How dare you deceive me?!" The room began to rattle at my father's booming voice and Anton continued to choke. Taylor backed away from them and went beside me.

"I have a bad feeling about this. Something is fishy." He whispered to me. I couldn't help but nod. My dad flashed his fangs to him before his fingers grew to sharp claws. He drew blood on the neck of the deceitful oracle. Anton screamed in pain.

"This is your last chance before I rip you into tiny pathetic pieces." My dad warned one last time.

"I... will.. talk..." The poor man croaked. He fell hard on the floor as my father let him go. He turned to a coughing fit.

"Please have mercy on me, Your Majesty. I am being threatened by someone. I will tell you more but please spare me!" He cried. Dad crouched closed to him and grabbed him by his hair. He yanked him up so he could look at him. Dad's eyes flashed red and spoke.

"Tell me everything!" The oracle's cries suddenly subsided and I knew my dad used the power of the royal bloodline to hypnotize him. Taylor looked disturbed by it, wanting to leave, but I grabbed him by the elbow.

"Krian is the most powerful weapon the Moon Goddess has created. She will indeed cause death to visit the doors of some Empire royalties but she will do it to avenge the Goddess' loss. She was gifted to save our kind from those who wants their own power in the world. She will only summon Death when obstacles come in her way, human or creature alike. I also saw a guardian of the walls. He stands on a stone marveled by humans. He knows about the prophecy and is waiting for his destiny. He will be waiting in Paris." He talked in a monotonous tone. Dad's eyes returned to their normal color of Obsidian Black and he let go of the oracle who fainted after his confession. He flicked his wrist and the doors opened at his command. Two guards entered and bowed to us.

"Take him away and give him medical assistance. Once he is well, take him to the dungeon." Without a word, the two guards obeyed their King's command and swiftly removed the unconscious oracle out of our sight. Once the door was closed, Taylor paced the room.

"I knew it! We were right all the time, Andros! My sister will save us!"

"And we will be the instruments to make it possible." I added watching my werewolf friend pace in excitement.

"Son, are you willing to leave your duties again to be an instrument of this?" My father's face was sorrowful, one I have seen when we have lost my brother. His eyes cast down as he took a seat.

"I don't want you to die while you all save the world." He confessed.

"Dad, I know you want a Prince but I am only a Prince by the title and I have not gained my people's trust. They think I have betrayed them when I was late to save my brother. They thought I let him die so I could take over. How can I prove them wrong if I only take your throne without breaking much of a sweat or bleed a little?" I asked him. He sighed, forlorn.

"What if you bled too much and never come back? The kingdom needs a new King one day and that should be you."

"I will come back no matter what, Dad. For you, for mom and for everyone-" The ground began to shake. Taylor and I looked at each other in worry.

"Krian!" Taylor shouted and bolted right out of the door.

"Fuck fuck fuck! Dad, something's wrong!" He and I followed Taylor who began to barrel through a crowd of vampires in the halls. The ground continued to quake more and my heart pounded with anxiety. Vampires began to get dizzy and others tried their best to stand upright while the ground shook. Pieces of the castle began to break and large paintings on the halls began to drop.