16 | The Guardian of the Walls

KNEEL

Andros' POV

Another hour has passed and we spent the time just talking about less stressful things. My father asked about my work in the human realm while he asked Taylor about his life in New York. We were laughing about Taylor's first time experience in New York when a rap of knocks on the doors was heard.

"Royal Oracle Anton is back, Your Majesty." The guard came in to inform.

"Let him in."

The oracle who was acting smug and crazy last time was replaced with an anxious and jumpy oracle. He fidgeted his fingers and grit his teeth, his eyes shooting at the guard and then to the hall. The guard gave him a weird look as if to tell him to stop staring before he closed the door.

"What happened, Anton?" I asked him and he took a step back.

"Death... the Moon Goddess wants us dead!" He cried, slumping on the floor bursting into tears. He pulled his cloak up to his head and covered himself with it.

"My King, the girl in the prophecy is getting more powerful in the visions I have seen. She will be guarded by ten children of the night, each marked with their purpose for her journey. The Moon Goddess seeks justice for the death of her children! She wants the damnation of the Earth! Oh the horrors of fire and earthquakes!" He screeched and I shot a concerned look at Taylor.

Earthquakes. It sounded right with the way Krian would create earthquakes every time she tries to speak.

"What else did you see?" Taylor crouched towards him.

"Get away from me, you demon guardian!" The oracle began to cry louder. Taylor immediately moved away from him, not wanting to trigger him or cause more trouble.

"I saw the girl with red roses in her hands. Her location is a blur. I saw death. Each death she brings, a rose wilts and dies. Her lover is Death, in sync, on demand." His voice shook as he continued. "The Moon Goddess is angry at us for letting her child get hurt and be torn away from her. Our deity holds a scale with life and death in the balance. Death weighed heavier with rose petals falling from it. She has given us warning, Your Majesty. An armada of humans will march to the empire. They crave ultimate control of the world and thus, demand the power of the Angel of Death. The girl who left our empire and joined the humans will have to choose but it will end with bloodshed. She's going to kill us no matter what!"

"Calm down, Anton!" I began to shake him but he slapped my hands away and crawled towards my dad.

"Your Majesty, I beg you. Tell the Empire about this and take away the girl from here with the power that can ruin everything. I saw her up in the sky, hair as bright as the moon and her dress as immaculate as the sun. She will rain down her grief to the world. Under her are slain soldiers of young and old. She is the Moon Goddess' retribution! Do not let a girl ruin our peaceful era." He begged him. My heart began to pound as my father looked down at his oracle who was bawling his eyes out on his feet.