Betty and Joseph: SECRET III

Start from the beginning

"You're not getting it till tomorrow morning" he hears his sister following their dad to his office, pleading.

He gets up and stands at his door. As she walks back defeated , Joseph yells once again "I'm hungry"

She stops and gives him a hard glare. She approaches him rather slowly and points a finger in his face. Joseph is in no way threatened and continues giving her a cocky grin.

"Screw you" she whispers to him and storms off

"Still hungry though" he announces one last time before entering his room and slamming the door shut.

He opens his bag and sees Betty's gift. She was the only one that gave a gift. He laughs softly remembering that his friends only bought cheap snacks from the school shop and called it gifts

He opens the box and sees a set of pencils, very expensive pencils.

Joy swells up in his heart. He looks at it and doesn't even know what to do.

His phone starts ringing and it's an unknown number. He's tempted to decline the call and continue admiring the pencils but just answers it.

"Hi Joseph" it's Betty and she's sounds cheery

"Is this Betty"he asks to confirm

"The one and only" she responds "have you opened your gift?"

"Yes actually"

"Do you like it?"

"Betty it's... It's perfect. You didn't have to spend so much. This must have costed so.."

"It's alright. I'm glad you like it "

"Thank you " he says. His words carrying weight

"You're welcome " the line goes silent for a moment until Betty begins talking again. "I know this might be sudden and I don't want to pressure you but can we hang out tomorrow after school at Angie's place or wait no Olive court "

Joseph doesn't respond

"It's okay if you are busy or simply not interested. It's not a do or die aff-"

"That sounds fun" Joseph says.

Betty almost faints from joy"really?"

"Yes really " Joseph says "see you tomorrow. It's a date , bye "

"Yeah bye" she cuts the call "it's a date" she whispers

"It's a date!!" She says outloud

"ITS A DATE!!!"

***

"Their food is so nice " Betty exclaims rubbing her belly through her uniform shirt.

"Especially their snail sauce" Joseph says then suddenly slaps her belly