Betty and Joseph: SECRET III

Start from the beginning

"No" she playfully hides it behind her

"I said give it" he starts getting annoyed

She takes a few steps back, "you'd have to catch me first" she takes off towards the football field.

Joseph picks up his drawing materials and runs after her "Betty what's this now"

"You can delay me right? I'll show you what it feels like " she says as she runs faster . She stops and sees he's a bit far. She shakes her butt at him "a taste of your own medicine" she laughs and continues running.

What she doesn't know is that Joseph is a fast runner. In a moment he's holding her hand and pulling her towards him.

She whips around so fast that she can't comprehend how she was facing a goal post a moment ago but now looking at a smooth and spotless face.

She stares at him 'he kinda looks like namjoon from BTS'

He doesn't notice her gaze and snatches it from her grip. He smacks her head with the book once.

She stops staring when she feels the stinging sensation on her head "ow"

"Serves you right for making me run around under this blazing sun"

Betty registers that he's still holding her hand. For some unknown reason she feels butterflies in her belly.

He nudges her softly on her forehead with a finger. "Trouble maker"

With that he drags her back to class and she doesn't utter a word until he sits her down on her seat.

"You had better start reading your chemistry. I heard Mr. Femi is gonna give us a test this afternoon"

She nods and brings out her book. He walks away to his seat.

"I might like Joseph" she whispers to herself.

***

"Picasso " Betty calls Joseph who is sitting on the school roof , drawing the landscape.

"Why are you always coming to my drawing spots?" He continues drawing

"You could say it's fate " Betty leans on the railing at the side of the building.

"Haha very funny " Joseph shakes his head

"Take this " she gives him a black box

He collects it, examining it skeptically. "And this is?"

"I heard today's your birthday " she cutely avoids his eyes "happy birthday"

"Oh thank you " he smiles at her "can I open it "

"No. Open it when you get home, okay?"

"Whatever you say" he drops it on the floor beside him.

"Yeah so um bye" she waves and walks away

"She's cute. Little troublemaker " he smiles to himself

***

Joseph throws his school bag unto his bed and takes off his shoes "I'm hungry!!!"

"Shut your ass up!" his elder sister yells back

All is silent until a door slams open

"Young lady hand over your phone " he hears his father's voice.

Dad is around? He's never around

"But dad" his sister whines

"I told you to mind your language in this house"