Chapter VI

It had been a couple of days since Waylon's death, Lola was depressed for those days

It had been a couple of days since Waylon's death, Lola was depressed for those days. I tried to help her cheer up but there's nothing I can do but just stood afar while watching her lay in my bed.

While for Bella; she was acting different than usual. Going from a shy awkward girl to a giddy girl, I know it had to be Edward doing all of this. Bella told me that he was a vampire, I wasn't sure what a vampire is but I only ever see them in television form.

It sounded dangerous if you ask me. But I was slowly trusting Edward since he's at our house every day.

Such as this day; Bella was cleaning her truck while I sat in the tailgate while watching her clean the car, she'll occasionally spray the water on my fur in which I'll shake the water of that made her laugh.

A sudden thud caught our attention as I look up to see Edward jumping from the hood, to the tailgate and down the ground. "Could you act human?" Bella asked while laughing. "I mean, I've got neighbors."

"I'm gonna take you to my place tomorrow." Edward said with a smile as he fix the dent of her truck with nonhuman strength.

"Wait, like, with your family?" Bella asked.

"Yeah."

"What if they don't like me?"

"So, you're worried not because you'll be in a house full of vampires, but because you think they won't approve of you?" He questioned with a chuckle.

Bella frowns. "I'm glad I amuse you." She sarcastically said.

Then Edward's face turned serious as he saw something out in the distance. "What is it?" Bella asked as she saw his face.

"Complication." He replied. "I'll pick you up tomorrow." He then got into his car and drove off.

A beige pickup truck pulls up and out step Jacob, I waited for a little while until he got his dad out of the car with a bag filled with something. Bella open the tailgate for me to jump out and into Jacob's arms as usual.

"Ugh, you stink. Did you bath?" He ask with a laugh. Yes, yes I did.

"Hey." Bella greeted the Blacks. "Come to visit your truck?"

"Looks good. " Jacob replied. "Got that dent out."

"Actually, we came to visit your flat-screen." Billy said. "First Mariners game of the season. Plus Jacob here keeps bugging me about seeing you again." I snorted at that.

I could see light pink forming on Jacob's face. "Great, Dad. Thanks." He mutter out.

"Just keeping it real, son." Billy said with a smirk on his face.

Charlie then walk up to us with Lola right behind him, "Vitamin R." He raise up two packs of beer in hands.

"Well done, Chief." Billy then held up the brown bag. "Harry Clearwater's homemade fish fry." So that's what the fishy smell was coming from.

"Good man." Charlie noted as he starts to wheel Billy inside our house. "Any luck with that Waylon case?" Billy asked.

"Well, I don't think it was an animal that killed him." Charlie replied as Lola barked in agreement.

"Never thought it was." Billy agreed.

"So spread the word out at the rez, huh?" Charlie told him. "Keep the kids out of the woods."

"Will do." Billy turns to look at Bella. "Don't want no one else getting hurt, do we?" Bella shook her head as she head inside the house with me and Lola right behind her.

Lola situated herself on my bed, I grabbed my deer as I lay next to her. The sound of the men cheering or yelling at the television filled our ears as we played with my deer.  These were the sound that I love.