Chapter III

The destination was the hospital as I lead Charlie though the halls until I caught the scent of Bella, Charlie the door as I saw relief course through his body at the sight of his daughter

"Bella. You okay?" He ask as her. Turns out Bella was in a "Accident" at school. Charlie's eyes met the sight of the boy who crash his car against Bella's truck. "You and I are gonna talk." He told him. He then looks back at Bella. "You all right?"

"I'm fine, Dad. Calm down." Bella replied.

"I'm sorry, Bella. I tried to stop." The young man told her.

Bella turns to look at him. "I know. It's okay."

"No. It sure as hell is not okay." Charlie said. I could feel anger seething off of him.

"Dad, it wasn't his fault." Bella argued.

"You could've been killed. You understand that?" Charlie ask her.

"Yes. " She replied. "But I wasn't, so.." She trailed off. I notice she always does that.

Charlie then look at the man again. "You can kiss your license goodbye."

Then Dr. Cullen walks in at the situation, he's a kind man but he had a weird smell on him like a dead human. "I heard the chief's daughter was here." He said with a smile.

"Dr. Cullen." Charlie greeted him.

"I've got this one, Jackie." He told one of the nurse, he grab a clipboard. "Isabella."

"Bella." She reminded him.

"Well, Bella, looks like you took quite a spill. How do you feel?" He ask her.

"Good." She replied.

Dr. Cullen then shine a light in her eyes, "You might experience some post-traumatic stress or disorientation, but your vitals look good." He explains. "No signs of any head trauma. I think you'll be just fine."

"I'm so sorry, Bella. I'm really-" The man tried to explain but Charlie cover the curtain between us.

"You know, it would've been a whole lot worse if Edward wasn't there. He knocked me out of the way." Bella told us.

"Edward? Your boy?" Charlie question Dr. Cullen. But he just listen to the story.

"Yeah, it was amazing." Bella said. "I mean, he got to me so fast. He was nowhere near me."

"Sounds like you were very lucky." Dr. Cullen said with a smile.

••°••°••°••°••°

We left the hospital room, Bella held my leash while Charlie hold her bag. "You should probably call your mom." Charlie told her.

"Did you tell her?" Bella ask her father.

Charlie tilt his head, almost to say. 'You think?'

Bella let out a sigh. "She's probably just freaking out." She said as she took out her cellular phone.

Bella leads me away with her out the hospital until she stops in her tracks, I look at her confused on why she'd stop 'til I saw Dr. Cullen and two of his kids, one was a ginger-head and the other was a blonde. The ginger-head boy might be Edward.

They turn to eye us, well the blonde female glared at us.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" Bella ask the ginger man.

Dr. Cullen lead the blonde away while the ginger boy came toward us, "What?" He ask.

"How did you get over to me so fast?" Bella ask.

"I was standing right next to you, Bella." He replied.

"No. You were next to your car, across the lot." She pointed out. I lay down in front of her as I glared at the boy.

"No, I wasn't." He said with a chuckle.

"Yes, you were."

His expression changes from a smile to a frown. "Bella, you're... You hit your head. I think you're confused."

"I know what I saw." She said.

"And what exactly was that?" He questioned.

"You... You stopped the van. You pushed it away with your hand." She explains.

"Well, nobody's gonna believe you, so." He tells her.

"I wasn't gonna tell anybody." She said to him. "I just need to know the truth."

"Can't you just thank me and get over it?" He asked. Cleary he's annoyed by Bella.

I let out a warning growl as Bella said. "Thank you."

"You're not gonna let this go, are you?" He asked.

"No."

"Well," He sighed. " then I hope you enjoy disappointment." He then left us alone.

I look a Bella who just stood there fazed as she watched him walk away from us.

••°••°••°••°••°

It was around four in the morning, the moon was full tonight. I lay with Bella which was becoming my new thing, my dog bed was under her desk but I prefer the bed since it was comfier than my bed and I enjoy being next to Bella.

Anyways, as I lay my head on her shoulder. I caught the scent of something dead, I open my eyes to see that same ginger boy named Edward looking at Bella. My protective male instincts kicked in as I growled at him.

I felt Bella starts to wake up, she saw what I saw. She turn the lamp on but he was gone.

Was I start to seeing shit?

Bella starts to stroke my neck to try to call me down, "Easy Artemis." She said softly to me. "Let's try to get some sleep." I let out a grumble as lay down next to Bella, she went back to sleep while I stayed up for a while. Just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. When I didn't see anything, I lay my head down on her hand that lay on the bed.

I then fell back asleep, unsure on what just happened.