Year 0 (Part 3)

You wake up from bed. It's been maybe a week since Ethan decided to join you in your crusade against crime. Surprisingly, Firefly or the Black Spider hasn't made any moves against you. Nor has any assassin, for that matter. All the news outlets in Gotham have been talking about Firefly's attack, not just because of Firefly but also because the masked vigilante took him down and apprehended his partner. Everyone in Gotham now knows that The Sentinel exists. You ate breakfast in the Orphanage's kitchen when Mr. Snyder called for you.

"Y/N! You got a call!" he said. You walked over and entered Mr. Snyder's office.

"Who is it?" you ask curiously.

"It's GothCorp's CEO, Ferris Boyle," Synder answered and handed you the phone. He then left his office.

"Hello?" you ask.

"Ah! You must be Y/N L/N, correct?" a man asks with a charismatic tone.

"Uh, yes. I assume you're Ferris Boyle?" you ask.

"Indeed I am. I am truly sorry about the loss of your parents. However, I must confess I never heard of them. They evidently had enough shares to be a shareholder, yet I've never seen them at a meeting. Although that isn't too uncommon, I suppose. I digress. There is a shareholder's meeting today, and I wanted you to attend. It would help you get a feel for the company, and I believe we need a fresh perspective on matters here. I'm personally going to swing by to introduce myself. I'll be there at 12:30 PM, be ready then," Ferris explains.

"Uh, hold on, sir, I don't have anything nice to wear; I don't really have the best cash inflow, so I could never afford a suit," you explain.

"Oh, that's no problem. I had assumed so, no offense. The meeting doesn't start until 2:00 PM, I was going to take you to a tailor for your suit. Oh, and please call me Ferris; none of that sir nonsense," Ferris said.

"Well, thank you, Ferris. Hey, if it isn't too much of a hassle, do you mind if I bring a friend? We plan to start a business once we get out of college, so all the experience the both of us can get, the better," you ask. Ferris is silent for a minute.

"Well, I don't see a problem with it. However, he can only observe. Since he isn't a shareholder, he doesn't get a say. If he disturbs the meeting, then he will be escorted out. Understand?" Ferris says.

"Yes, Ferris. I understand," you say.

"Great, I'll see you at 12:30 then. Oh, and I can get him a suit as well," Ferris says and hangs up. You quickly ring Ethan up.

"Hello?" he says, tired.

"Hey, Ethan. Want to meet Ferris Boyle?" you ask.

"Ferris Boyle?!" Ethan says, suddenly excited.

"Did I stutter?"

"Uh, I'll be there soon. Should I wear anything nice?" Ethan asks.

"Nah, he said he'll get us suits," you answer.

"Cool. I'm leaving now. See you in a few," Ethan says and hangs up. 

You now wait for Ferris to show up. You return to your breakfast to see that your cereal is soggy now. You eat it anyway. There's a TV in the kitchen, and you and some of the older kids were watching the news, much to the younger kids' protest. The police commissioner, Gillian B. Loeb, is holding a press conference. He's thanking all the brave men who helped during Firefly's attack. He also reiterated how illegal vigilantism is. He then went to answer questions. You finish your cereal and clean your bowl. You change into a jean jacket, a black T-shirt, and jeans. You then go to sit outside for a minute. You walk up to the door when you hear Snyder call out to you.