"If that sentence ends with the word 'stay' I'm gonna kick your ass," I threatened, he immediately went silent and held his hands up, "So what I'm selfish? She would be too if I randomly told her I was moving to a different country for a year! A year!?" I still couldn't wrap my mind around it.

"You know what you need to do?" Matt stood up, came over to me, and wrapped his arm over my shoulders, "Call her and say goodbye while you have the chance." Nick stood up and they left the living room, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I didn't want to say goodbye.

"Matt, grab your keys!"

Y/n's pov

"Am I making the right choice?" I asked my sister as she drove me to the airport, "I mean, like, actually. I have a life here, I'm happy here."

"But imagine how happy you'd be studying in Europe surrounded by hot foreign guys!" She wiggled her eyebrows at me and I gave her a disgusted look, "Right, Chris. What does this mean for you two?"

"I means—" I paused and thought about it. What does this mean for me and Chris? Are we over? On a break?, "I honestly don't know. When I was first filling out applications, I was ecstatic. Now it's all different."

"It's different because you're in love." She stated confidently, "But don't stay just 'cause you love the guy, stay for yourself or go for yourself. The choice is ultimately yours." I felt sick to my stomach, the thought of being that far away from home made me want to jump out of the car, "You'll be back and you'll visit for holidays. It's not like you won't ever see him again."

Was holidays going to be enough? Was only being allowed a short scheduled time with Chris enough? He is the only thing in my life I've never had to doubt or second guess, but now the thought of him makes me rethink everything.

"Earth to Y/n?" She snapped her fingers in my face and I snapped out of whatever trance I was in, "Keep driving or turn around?"

"Uh..."

Chris' pov

"Matt, drive faster!" I patted the dash of the van as we sped down the road. My phone was in my hand, dialing Y/n's number for the third time, "She didn't answer. Again."

"Maybe she's already on the plane?" Nick suggested, "She left hours ago, she could've boarded already and we all know she's paranoid about airplane mode."

"It's ringing so it's not on airplane mode, dumbass," I pointed out, "Just get me to the airport and hurry the fuck up."

"I'm already speeding!" Matt gestures to the speedometer to prove that, he was in fact, going five over the speed limit, "Try to relax or some shit, listen to music."

"Wait a second," I spun in my seat to look at Nick, "How do you know she left hours ago?" He wiggled his phone in my hand and gave me a 'duh' look.

"She texted me," He handed me the phone.

Y/n
Hey, I'm leaving my house. Can you do me a favor and tell Chris I'm sorry and that I love him? He hasn't talked to me in a few days

If not it's fine, I'll try and get ahold of one of you when I get back if that's okay? Love you guys always

My heart broke reading the text. I should've texted her and told her how much I cared about her before she left that night. Now she's going to Europe thinking I hate her, good job, Chris.

"Fifteen minutes away," Matt's voice pulled my focus from the phone and I handed it back to Nick in silence. I didn't say a single word until we arrived at the airport.

"Does anyone remember what gate she was!?" I hurriedly asked, the two of them shrugging, "Where's the board thingy?"

"Over here," Nick tugged my arm with him towards the board and I skimmed it, trying to find her flight.

"Got it!" Matt pointed to hers and I gathered all the information I needed, then sprinted through the airport at full speed, "Go get your girl, man!" Their voices became echoes as the distance grew. My heart beat against my chest at the thought of seeing her.

"Y/n!?" I called out when I reached her gate, "Y/n L/n!?" Nobody moved. Not a single person here was her, she was gone. And that fucking broke me.

Y/n's pov

"Chris!?" I called out as I entered their house and shut the door behind me, "Nick!? Matt!?" Silence. I shoved my suitcase against the couch with my knee and began looking through the rooms of the house, thinking they might not have heard me.

No one was in the kitchen, living room, or bathroom. Nicks room was vacant as well as Matt's. The only room I hadn't checked was Chris'. My hand held onto the doorknob and I took a deep breath before twisting and pushing it open.

"Chris?" Empty. Uninvited tears slipped down my cheeks as I walked into his room and sat on the edge of his bed. A picture of us sat in a frame on his nightstand. MaryLou took it of us while we were messing around baking a cake, frosting all over our faces, smiles wide as ever, full of love and joy.

My phone rang in my pocket and I sniffled while wiping my nose with my sleeve, then checked it. My heart jumped to my throat seeing who it was.

"Y/n!? Finally you answered," I heard Chris' quiet voice flowing through the speaker, "I called you, like, ten times." I brought the phone to my ear, "Where are you? I'm at the airport at your gate and you're not here."

"You're at the airport?" Something about the thought of him making Matt take him to say goodbye to me made my heart flutter.

"Yes, stupid. Where are you and why are you crying?" I couldn't help but smile at his question, making the tears come to a screeching halt.

"I'm at your house," I told him, "Fuck Europe."

"You're at my house? Guys! She's at our house!" He cheered and I heard the three of them shouting excitedly through the phone, "Fuck Europe!"

"Hurry up and get back here," I chuckled.

"Stay put. See you soon." The call ended and I laid onto his bed, pulling the blankets over me.

Sure, I was missing out on Europe, but I had so much more here. My people, my job, my life, was here. My heart was here, right where it belonged.

I found myself watching the clock like a hawk trying to time exactly when I'd heard that front door open and excited footsteps searching for me.

"Y/n!?" My name traveled through the house as the guys arrived home, "Y/n!?"

"Chris!" I jumped out of his bed and ran to the front door. My momentum pushed me into his chest, knocking us breathless for a second. I honestly don't think he ever fully caught his because of how tight I was squeezing him, "I'm so sorry for ever even thinking about leaving. I love you and I love being here, I'm sorry,"

"I need to ask you something and I need you to be completely honest, okay?" Chris pulled away and grabbed my face in his hands, "Did you stay for me?"

"I stayed for more than just you, Chris," I responded, "I stayed for our future. All of our futures, together."

"Now that's some poetic shit," Nick pointed to me and laughed as he joined our group hug, "I love you guys."

"Great, now Nicks gonna cry," Matt joked and we all laughed, "Gotta cut the sappy shit before a tear falls."

"I know exactly how to do that," I walked away from them and jumped onto the couch, "Fuck Europe!"

"Fuck Europe!" They cheered along with me. Chris ran around the couch and tackled me onto the cushion, placing lazy kisses onto my cheek.

"Thank you for staying," He whispered, "I promise I'll take you to Europe one day."

"I'm holding you to that," I joked and tangled my fingers through the hair on the back of his head, "I love you,"

"I love you, too."

———

not completely in love with this but it was a half finished draft and i figured why not finish it and post it?