"Eldest Brother's situation in court is much more complicated. When I'm not here, the Xiao family depends on Eldest Brother." Xiao Jue smiled and looked at Xiao Jing. "Eldest Brother, take care of yourself."

"You take care too." Xiao Jing sighed with emotion. Perhaps in order to lighten the bitter atmosphere, he deliberately joked, "It's not that I don't want you to go to Liangzhou. It's just that you're now twenty years old and it's time for you to get engaged. Of the girls that your sister-in-law helped you find, do you like any of them? "

Hearing this, Xiao Jue's smile disappeared. His expression became even more indifferent.

"No need. I don't plan on getting married."

Chapter 32

     The capital had been peaceful for the past few days, but there were undercurrents in the imperial court. Spring had finally come to an end, and after summer had begun, the continuous rain seemed to be endless. The entire city was covered in misty rain.

Right Army Commander Xiao Huaijin volunteered to be the commander and led the new soldiers to the Liang Province Guard. After Xiao Huaijin left, the situation in the imperial court changed again. The Crown Prince's faction was elated, and the word "happy" was almost written on their faces.

The common people still had no way of coming into contact with the matters of the imperial court, and they continued to live their daily lives. A few days ago, the capital Fan Family's young master had been killed, and the murderer had still not been found. The Fan Family had searched everywhere for the murderer, but they had failed, so they vented their anger on Lady Fan. Who would have thought that Madame Fan's family, the Minister of Household, was not an ordinary person. After waiting for a long time, after the seventh day of Fan Cheng's death, he forced Master Fan to write a letter to release his wife and take his daughter back to the manor. Tang Ying was in her prime, and her husband had died shortly after she married. How could the Tang family allow her to become a widow at such a young age? Naturally, they had to plan for her future. She and Fan Cheng had no children, so the Fan Family could do nothing.

In comparison, He Yan, who had been killed along with Fan Cheng and drowned in the Chunlai River, had become an insignificant supporting character in this incident. He didn't even have the right to be discussed. Other than the He family, no one mentioned him. It was as if He Yan had never existed in this world.

He Yunsheng went out wearing a bamboo hat as the rain grew heavier. After He Yan's accident, he had temporarily stopped going to the academy. He Yan had told him to go to the Willow Spring Residence to collect the letter in five days. Today was already the tenth day, and He Yunsheng finally found some time to go out. He was afraid that the Fan Family would be waiting outside to observe his movements. He Yan had fought so hard for the opportunity for the He family, so he couldn't let it be ruined in his hands.

In the past few days, he had already looked around the house. The Fan Family watching the He family had all withdrawn, and only then did he feel at ease to go out. He changed into an old set of clothes so that he wouldn't attract any attention. He lowered his head and wore a bamboo hat as he walked out of the back door, braving the rain.

He Yunsheng lived a life worse than death for the past ten days. He couldn't fall asleep every night. He wanted to hear news about He Yan, but he was also afraid to hear news about He Yan. Luckily, ten days had passed and the authorities had not caught He Yan yet. Perhaps from another perspective, He Yan was safe.