007. RELATIONSHIP DEFINITELY HURTLING TOWARDS SOMETHING

CHAPTER SEVEN: RELATIONSHIP DEFINITELY HURTLING TOWARDS SOMETHING

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE FLIGHT BACK to Quantico felt empty, with almost three team members remaining in Vegas to assist Reid. Derek and Rossi had decided to stay and support Reid in his quest to uncover the memories he was trying to recall. She and Hotchner permitted it, having noticed Spencer's distressed state, a matter Beatrice had brought up the day before.

As the analyst balanced a tray of cups in one hand, her mind wandered back to the events in Vegas. She still couldn't believe that Rossi had caught her leaving Hotch's hotel room in the morning. Now, she was certain he wouldn't let go of the idea that she and their boss might be dating, which terrified Beatrice because that was an awful idea. Dating someone in the same workplace or team was never a good idea.

Beatrice's attention was snatched elsewhere, and as she looked up, she came face to face with a familiar face "Beatrice Sterling? Is that you?" the young dark-skinned woman asked.

"That's me. Hi!"

"Oh, my god! Hello! I'm Agent Todd from XTS. Do you remember?" The woman approached her, embracing her.

The woman tried to recall where she knew Todd from and finally, it clicked. "Ah, yeah! I remember you! Jordan Todd from Craig's team, right?"

JJ inquired, "You two know each other?"

"Well, I just know her because her team frequently liaises with ITOS," the female explained. "God, it's been what, three months since I last saw you in Counterterrorism?"

"Yeah. Well, I was really busy in C3S," Beatrice shrugged. "and then I was transferred here to the BAU a few weeks ago, that's why I couldn't pay a visit to the fifteenth floor. You? What are you doing here?"

"I'll be shadowing JJ," revealed the other woman. "For the next couple of weeks."

"Big shoes to fill."

"Big ankles, at least," JJ pouted, glancing down at her feet.

Emily reassured her. "Come on, you look great."

"That's what I keep telling her," Todd chimed in, turning to Emily. "Do you have kids, too? Or. . ."

"Ah, no. I think JJ may have snared the last viable donor," teased the raven haired agent.

"I agree. JJ picked the best out there. I think it'll take years for me to find the second best donor," joked the analyst, joining the banter.

"Tell me about it."

"Donor for what?" Hotch's deep voice suddenly interrupted, causing Beatrice to jump a little. She turned to see him standing close by, composing herself with a chirpy response, "Nothing."