"Yeah, it's so exhilarating." I said then looked back at Juniper. "How about some breakfast?" I asked as she nodded, before looking out the window.

"Can you just swing by McDonalds or something so we can grab some breakfast?" I asked as Sam nodded. "Yeah, for sure." He said then started driving.

After stopping at McDonalds we made our way back to the house.

"What did you want to do today, kid?" I asked and unpacked Juniper's breakfast. "Cuddle." She said as I smiled. "We can cuddle and watch a Christmas movie." I said as she nodded.

Christmas was in three weeks which was sort of looming towards us. It was usually supposed to be a fun and relaxing time but since we've been in a cloud of sadness, it just wasn't going to be as magical.

I was going to try my best to make it happen though.

"Wanna join?" I asked and looked at Sam. "Yeah, sure. I love a good Christmas movie." He said with a shrug. "Great. That's what we'll do then. Eat your breakfast first though." I said as Juniper nodded and took a bite of the pancakes I cut up for her.

"I'll be back." I said then went to leave the room. I was honestly feeling really sick lately from the pregnancy but I didn't want to make a big deal about it.

Even though everyone knew I was pregnant now, I didn't want to address it.

All the joy that was surrounding a pregnancy was gone since Colby wasn't here to share it with me.

When I got upstairs, I ran to the bathroom and threw up. "Ugh." I groaned out, shakily holding my hair back.

Luckily the sickness didn't last too long, because I knew Juniper would worry if I was gone too long.

By the time I got back downstairs, Juniper was almost done eating and Sam was making something.

"What are you doing?" I asked and sat next to Juniper. "Making hot chocolate for our movie." He said and looked over at me. "You don't have to do that." I said quietly as he shrugged.

"I want to." He said as Juniper looked up at me. "Don't tell him to stop, I love cocoa." She said as I chuckled.

"Okay, kid." I said then started cleaning up her breakfast. Once it was cleaned up we made our way to the living room so we could watch a Christmas movie.

Juniper ended up choosing the Grinch but fell asleep about thirty minutes in.

"That didn't take long." Sam said with a laugh, pointing to her. "It usually doesn't take long." I said then stood up so I could grab her a blanket.

"You're gonna be an amazing mom." Sam said as I shrugged. "We'll see. It's gonna be hard doing it on my own." I said as he sighed.

"He'd be so proud of you." He said as my eyes watered. "I'll be back." I whispered then grabbed our dirty mugs then quickly made my way out of the room.

I went into the kitchen and started washing the dishes while I cried. I have been trying so hard to keep myself together so that everyone could heal, but sometimes I would crumble.

"I'm sorry for upsetting you." Sam said as I shook my head. "It's not your fault. I'm just fragile." I said and turned to face him.

"You're grieving. It's okay to cry, Jules." He said as I nodded. "How have you been feeling?" I asked as he sighed.

"Upset. I really do miss him but I know he would have chosen himself over the kids." He said as I shook my head.

"He would have been so mad if it was the other way around." I said then wiped my cheeks.

"Do you know how long you're gonna stay? I know you probably wanna get back to the gang and Kat." I said as his face fell slightly.

"We uh..we broke up." He said as I frowned. "Oh I've been so selfish." I said and brought my hand to my mouth. "No, you haven't. We broke up a couple months ago." He said as I scrunched my brow.

"I thought she was still living with you guys. She was so upset about you getting kidnapped that she fled to Canada." I said as he nodded slowly.

"We were keeping it cool. She was still living in the house but we weren't together. I broke up with her so she was still in love when I was taken. I'm not surprised she fled to Canada." He said then started drying the dishes.

"So as much as I would love to get back to the gang, I'm happy to be here as a distraction. Plus, you heard Colby. He wanted me to take care of you." He said as I nodded.

"You've been doing a great job. I'm sorry that I killed your best friend." I said, causing my heart to ache.

I tried to push out of my mind that I was the one that killed Colby, since it was incredibly painful to think of that.

I was surprised Sam didn't fucking hate me for doing it.

"You had no other choice, Jules. Remember that." He said as I nodded then dried my hands off.

"You should go back sooner rather than later though. I don't want the kids to get too attached." I said as he nodded.

He went to open his mouth but before he could there was a knock on the door, causing me to flinch.

"Who's that?" I asked as Sam shook his head. "I don't know. Stay here." He said then made his way towards the front door.

I went back into the living room so I could be with Juniper, in case something went down. I was relieved when Sam came back into the room.

"What's that?" I asked and looked at the piece of paper in his hand. "It was taped to the door." He said as I cocked my head to the side.

"What does it say?" I asked as he unfolded it, his face shifting with confusion.

"Sam." I said as he looked up at me with a blank but slightly fearful face.

"Once you're involved, there's no going back. Watch your back, Juliana." Sam read from the paper, as my blood ran cold.