𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱 | 𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

MELODY'S POV

MELODY'S POV

"IS THIS NECESSARY?"

I wasn't looking forward to Sunday morning training with Jeremy. It was something we hadn't done in a long time, not since the Mikaelsons came to town talking about staying or whatever.

It was a weird time. Klaus had his hybrids - the same ones going behind his back to break the sirebond with the help of Tyler Lockwood.

Meanwhile - me, Jeremy, Elena were training with Alaric Saltzman. He wanted us to learn how to kill vampires as the only humans in the bunch. Alaric talked so much about the importance of handling vampire-hunting weapons.

I remember me and Jer never taking anything seriously at the time while Elena was all in, wanting to be the best she could be. Kinda regret not paying attention because now I'm being trained by a brotherhood of the five vampire hunter - who has supernatural strength and reflexes.

How this is fair is beyond me.

"A sociopathic heretic roaming around Mystic Falls who happens to never leave you alone? I think that's justifiable enough." Jeremy threw some padded gloves at me, waiting for me to put them on.

We stood outside in my open-field backyard under a big tree that shaded us.

Putting on the padded gloves, I kept my guard up. "Don't forget I got my gun if he tries anything." I remind the Gilbert, who seemed unpleased.

"But can you use it right? What if he has you in a chokehold? Then what?" Jeremy warns.

I snort. "Then I'll be dead."

The joke didn't sit well with Jer. He seemed annoyed by my behavior, slumping his shoulders at my words. "If you keep talking like that, then maybe you will be." I looked at him, and he sighed, running his hands through his hair. "You're the lucky one here. . .you're human while most of our friends aren't. They would give anything to be in your shoes, so a little training is something you have to do to stay safe."

I never thought about it that way. My friends wanting to be in my shoes, even if it meant being vulnerable. But how could I forget? Elena always wanted a family - to be a mom was something she's talked about since we were kids.

"Fine. Let's do this." I held my hands up and looked at Jer, watching his every move, wondering what he would hit me with, but he didn't move. He was waiting for me to make the first move, so I did.

I charged at him and swung my fist towards his face, which he dodged, moving his head to the side and grabbing my arm. Jer was focused on my hand, so I kicked his knee. He let me go as I swung my other fist and punched his cheek.

"Good shot." Jer rubbed the side of his face, grinning at me proudly.

Giving him a playful bow, I spoke. "Thank you - Thank you. I remembered a thing or two from -" I let out a squeal as I dropped hard to the ground. Jer had kicked me down while I spoke, which is rude if you ask me. "What the fuck!"