𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 | 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝

KAI'S POV

KAI'S POV

IN ALL MY YEARS OF REWATCHING FILM AFTER FILM - show after show that only belongs to the year 1994 and well, before, I didn't realize how much I'd missed.

Not that they're all great, but they still hold some power over how society turned out today.

Staring at the screen ahead of me, I was lost at the scene on my TV. There stood two characters named Katniss and Peeta, ready to end it all together after all they've been through to survive the game.

Yet, they were willing to end it all in the name of love? It didn't make any sense to me why anyone would do such a thing. If I were Peeta, I would've killed her, no questions asked.

However, some scenes did pull at the little heartstrings I had. Rue's death is something that haunts me - it reminds me of my siblings and what I had done.

Still, after all these years - I can't forget their screams - the last thing they said to me - the last look. Man, feelings are hard. . .I'm cursed with Lucas's stupid empathy tormenting me.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

My ears picked up on someone's heartbeat close by.

I grab my controller and pause my TV while I sit upright and close my eyes, listening in on the heartbeats and the person's breathing.

That's when I realized it was an all too familiar sound.

Opening my eyes, a smile plastered on my lips. "Remedy."

I knew she would come running back to me with the friends she had. None of them care for her, which is the one thing I need to get her wrapped around my finger - I just have to play the role of concerned friend.

As she reached the door, I vamped sped to it, and opened it. My brows knit at the sight of her; she was wet with eyes wide and tears ready to escape. Clearly, the rain had to make matters worse for her.

"Kai. . ." She burst into tears.

I sigh, "They hurt you, didn't they?"

Without another word, she burst into tears while crashing herself against my chest, wetting me.

I look down at her, unfamiliar with the feeling of being hugged but I've seen it enough in movies to know people like being hugged back, so I wrapped my arms around her and pull her into my home with a grin plastered on my lips as I shut the door.

Shaking off the smirk, I switched it to a look of utter concern. One that made me laugh mentally. "What happened?"

Melody pulls away, wiping the tears from her eyes and looking at me weakly. "You know exactly what happened. . ." She snaps before collecting herself. "I'm sorry, I'm just so done with everything."

I listened, looking at her as she looked around, hugging herself. "Oh, you must be cold! Let me bring you some warm clothes to change in." Before she could answer, I vamped upstairs and into my room on a mission to find some clean clothes for her.