Chapter Sixteen: Jungle Landing

"Alright, before we go any further, let me just... try to figure this out a little better..." Business muttered, flipping back through his notes.

"Maybe this one won't be as puzzle-based as the others?" Emmet suggested. Business looked back up at him.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, 'lend a helping hand' makes me think that it's hinting at teamwork," the construction worker said with a shrug.

"There is a lot of space to cover here," Benny mused. "Did anyone think to bring radios?"

"What are ye thinkin', lad?"

"Well, if Emmet's right and this is gonna be a 'team effort' sort of thing, the solution must be something pretty wide-spread, judging by the size of this place. We might just have to split up, and we'll need a way to keep in contact with each other." The friends turned to look at each other, each of them shaking their heads. "I guess we didn't then," Benny sighed.

"Hey Sirius, you brought that case with you, right?" Lucy asked suddenly.

"I did," he answered.

"Good. I'll be right back." She jogged back through the tunnel. Business dropped himself to the ground, propping his notepad against one knee and using his free hand to look through the photos on his phone.

"There's got to be something more to this than just that one line. There were a lot more hints for the desert temple," he muttered. "What am I overlooking?"

He hadn't made any progress by the time Lucy returned, seven small radios in hand. "Are we ready to get started?" she asked, handing them out.

"As we'll ever be, I guess," Business sighed, getting back to his feet and brushing dirt from his pants.

"How are we going to find our way around?"

"I can help with that," Unikitty said. "The magic is stronger here than in the temple- I can feel it flowing through here, like a river. It can be our guide."

"Perhaps ye better lead the way then, Princess," Metalbeard suggested, stepping aside to let her pass. Her expression was set in concentration and determination, and as they followed, Business took pictures of every notable view he could find. She paused at the first branch in the path, looking between the two as she decided which way to try first. After a minute she went to the left, crossing the fallen log that formed a bridge across the ravine, carefully testing that it hadn't rotted too much to hold her weight.

"Seems pretty solid," she informed them after she'd made it halfway across and bounced a few times.

"I dunno lass, not sure I want to be takin' me chances with that," Metalbeard hesitated.

"That's okay, I can help!" Benny chirped, and perched himself on his best friend's shoulder.

"Thank ye, Benny," the captain said, and carefully stepped onto the log. When it didn't crackle under his weight, or give any other sign that a giant cyborg was standing on it, he continued across with a little more confidence. "Um, why don't ye just... stay there til we be gettin' this place figured out?"

Benny snickered. "Sure thing."

"Oh! Look over there!" Unikitty bounced excitedly before bolting off. The others hurried to keep up with her. She came to a stop by a pedestal that had a stylized handprint on it.

"Oh, for..." Bad Cop started to chuckle, even as Unikitty snorted in attempt to hold back her own giggles. "'Lend a helping hand'... I'd say that's pretty obvious what they meant, now."