Kabanata XX

Ralf was lying on his back. He used both of his hands as pillows, despite having fluffy pillows on his bed. They were in different yet adjacent rooms. Drei in his room while he was in Drei's brother's room. His eyes were on the ceiling, and he still showed no sign of sleepiness. There were wrinkles on every corner of it, and they were glowing, bright enough to give light in the dark room where he lied alone. Well, there was a little light in the room that came from the outside. But its amount was so little that it was still considered dark. An infectious smile slowly spread on his lips. For all he knew, he was in a state of euphoria.

It was past midnight, and all that irritates one's ears is already in deep slumber. The minimal amount of ethanol failed to slow down the way his brain and body transferred messages. And now, while everything was silent, he felt like his senses were heightened. He heard a few steps heading to the room where he was. The steps were light and calculated as if the sound of them would trigger all the laser lights and security alarms. Suddenly, he heard the creaking of his room's door, and light began to enter.

He saw Drei, who was peeking through the door. He has lowered his body, tilted his head, and both hands are holding the door.

“Gising ka pa ba?” Drei's voice was so low that it almost became a whisper.

Ralf slowly pulled himself up. “Oo,” he whispered.

Drei went inside and made sure to close the door without making any loud noises. He was holding his phone with earphones plugged in. Napaupo siya sa higaan at napabuntong-hininga.

“I can't sleep. Ilang music na pinakinggan ko, pero gano'n pa rin.” Drei inched closer so he could grab Ralf's hand.

“Ako, hindi pa talaga ako inaantok.” When Drei already held his hands, he managed to transfer all of his energy to them and pull him. Pareho silang bumagsak sa higaan at nakagawa iyon ng malakas na tunog.

His eyes almost bawled out as he covered his mouth. Hindi niya inaasahang mahihila at babagsak nang gano'n-gano'n na lang si Drei.

Drei chuckled while staring at Ralf's worried face. “Actually, tulog na si tatay. He's already in their room, snoring.”

“E, bakit ka pumasok dito na parang isang ninja?”

“Nag-iingat lang,” sagot ni Drei. He slightly lifted himself, pinned his elbow against the bed, and rested his head on his palm while staring at Ralf. “Can I sleep here for an hour?”

“You can sleep here until the morning,” sagot ni Ralf saka inangat ang mukha para halikan si Drei sa labi.

Ibinagsak ni Drei ang kaniyang katawan. Hinawakan niya ang kamay ni Ralf saka iginapos iyon sa kaniyang katawan. “I can't. Baka maabutan tayo ritong magkatabing matulog. Magkayakap at parang buhol na sinulod.”

Drei laughed, a rueful laugh.

“Gusto kong matulog na kasama ka. Kahit isang oras lang,” dagdag pa ni Drei habang hinihimas-himas ang braso ni Ralf. “Mag-a-alarm na lang ako na naka-set for an hour. Pagkatapos, babalik na ako sa kuwarto.”

“I'll wake you up. Hindi pa naman talaga ako inaantok,” giit naman ni Ralf na totoo naman talaga. “Pero, makakatulog ka ba talaga?”

Isinuot ni Drei ang right sleeve ng earphones sa kaniyang tainga. “Yes, because I'm with my favorite person, and,” once more, he lifted himself, buried his face in Ralf's neck, slid his hand between the latter's thighs, and carried him until he was on top of him. In less than a minute, their bodies moved like waves, finding harmony in each other's comfort for a second. Drei's hand was like a pirate searching for treasures that lay behind Ralf's back. He traced every curve and bump. Their lips sparked when they touched, and before they burned the whole room with sparks, Drei guided Ralf's body to go lower so the latter could rest his face on his chest.

Drei picked up the other sleeve of his earphone and inserted it into Ralf's ear. Before the music started to enchant them, Drei wrapped his arms around Ralf.