>>Flashback

"Why do you keep hurting yourself, Gyutaro san?" I asked, once again moving his hand away from his neck where he had left bleeding cuts with his nails.

"You don't like it when I do that, do you?" he questioned instead, grinning as he shifted to hold my hand in his now.

"No, I don't. I don't like it when anyone hurts themselves for no reason," I answered.

The bustle of the night was background noise to us. We sat on the roof of the Kyogoku House, with me on Gyutaro san's lap with his arm around my waist as he always preferred, while we gazed at the bustle and the stars in silence or shared small talk every now and then. We had done enough sightseeing over the past three days, enough to get bored, so Gyutaro san had insisted on just sitting and watching the moving crowd.

Scratching himself hard enough to leave bleeding cuts seemed to be a habit of his. However, I had noticed that there were only specific moments when he did that, and he was usually in a bad mood then. I had stopped him from doing that most of the times and watched him heal in a fraction of a second after that. Healing fast was one thing but such regeneration awed me no matter how many times I saw it.

"You're nice, really nice, Satomi chan," he said with a chuckle. "I like you. I like you a lot, Satomi chan, all the more because you don't hate my ugly appearance like the others. You're not like humans or demons who talk shit about me because I'm ugly."

"You're not ugly though. You're just different," I said, brushing strands of his green fringe aside.

"You're tempting me, Satomi chan," he said, his smile widening and his expression darkening slightly. He grabbed my hand and placed it on his cheek while gazing intently into my eyes.

"Tempting you?" I repeated, not quite understanding what he meant.

"That, you are," he mused and shifted to kiss my palm. His words finally made sense and had a blush rising to my cheeks while my eyes went wide. He grinned at that and added, "Yeah, I like that expression. You like me too, don't you, Satomi chan?"

"Gyutaro san," I said, making sure I didn't stutter in my fluster, "I like you but not in the way you think. Don't be so shameless."

"If that's what you say, Satomi chan," he said, still amused, and held me closer to himself with both arms around my waist.

"Anyway," I said firmly, clearing my throat to compose myself, "why do you hurt yourself anyway?"

"I don't like them," he spat, gazing down at the humans walking the streets. "I don't like those damn samurai. They're shit and act high and mighty even though they're just garbage inside. They're ugly inside, even more than me."

"Why samurai in particular though?"

"They're just damn b*******. They're pathetic b******* who think they're all great and deserve everything great. Shit, I should kill them all for bullying Daki, for bullying my little sister. No, I should kill everyone who think they're anything good," he cursed, his demonic aura getting dark and dangerous. It was at a level I had not sensed in him before – he was in fight mode, or close to it, and he was powerful. Surely he and Daki san would not be easy to deal with, at least not as easy as I thought it would be before.

His demonic aura aside, I was curious to know what he meant by what he had said. So, I asked, "What did the samurai do to Daki san for you to hate them so much?"