As Delilah sat beside Draco she said, "I swear each year the class size is cut in half."

Draco chuckled, running his hand through his hair. Why did he have to look so cute when she was trying to be ticked at him?

"It has been getting smaller. How was your summer?"

"Decent. Finally talked to Harry."

"What? He actually talked to you? Shocking."

"I know right." She made sure to add the sarcasm on nice and thick.

"Did you guys go to the Weasley's again?"

"Yeah, they really are super nice. I don't know why you don't like them."

"Family Feud I guess."

More like his family thought they were blood traitors, which was ridiculous. Someone's relatives didn't matter. Who they are doesn't impact who somebody is, especially the ones that were dead long before they were. It was all rubbish.

"How was your summer?" Delilah asked.

He hesitated, but before he could respond Slughorn entered.

"Hello, it's a small class I see. Excellent."

"Thank you Mr. Obvious," Draco whispered.

Delilah snorted.

Slughorn continued as if he hadn't heard it.

"Since I don't know how much you already know, we'll start with some theory."

All four students groaned.

"Sir, we've already been over that," Delilah informed him. "It was the first thing Professor Snape made us do when we started the class."

Professor Slughorn beamed at her.

"Alright, how about you show me the most complex thing you can do and we'll go from there."

"May we work with a partner?" Hannah Abbott asked.

Slughorn paused, then shook his head.

"No, no, I think it's best I learn what each individual can do on their own."

Delilah scooted a bit away from Draco so she had more room to work.

"Can I use you as a test subject?" she teasingly asked.

"For what?"

"The project, obviously."

"We don't know how to change people's forms yet."

"Exactly why I need a test subject."

"Um... no."

"Fine."

Delilah grinned. She knew he'd refuse, but the panic on his face made it worth it.

Still she had to downgrade and spent the rest of the class turning one of the random plants growing in the corner into gold.

"Miss Potter... did you just...?" Slughorn asked when she had finished.

"Yeah, I wanted to do it to Draco, but he said no. Probably a good thing since I don't want to do the math to make it proportional to his size."

Slughorn smiled. Dang it, now he'd be interested in her. It was worth it though.

"It seems you got your mother's talent," he said, ignoring how she had talked about basically turning Draco into a statue. Apparently he didn't care if she had some Medusa habits.

But would that be what happened? Or would he be more like a solid metal robot? Probably a statue. Would he still be alive though? She'd have to go to the library later, though the answers would probably be in the restricted section. Eh, she'd be fine. Probably. Unless Pince caught her then she'd be dead. Or Filch. If they both hated kids so much why didn't they get together? Now there would be a power couple. Wait... how had Delilah gotten here? Why was she rambling in her head again? Eh. It was fine. Probably sleep deprivation... she probably should ask Madam Pomfrey for sleeping potions again but that was a later problem.