Gentle touches 🌌

You get injured during a mission and Muichiro takes care of you.

Trigger warning: light mentions of blood, but nothing too descriptive

The night air was cold, but you didn't feel the sting of it yet as adrenaline pumped through your veins

The demon's head, which you had skillfully cut off moments ago, flew through the air, turning into ashes before it even made contact with the ground. Its body lied on the ground lifelessly, slowly desintegrating as well.

The moonlight high above cast the ground in dancing shadows as the breeze rocked the trees back and forth in a swaying dance. It seemed almost peaceful now that the demon was gone.

You sheathed your blade as your breathing eventually slowed down.
A soft hiss escaped your lips as it seemed your brain was finally registering the injury to your right leg. You didn't feel any contact during your fight, yet you still got injured. That demon was fast.

Your thigh-high sock, usually covering your leg, was rolled down to your ankle, and a fresh cut covering your knee up to your upper thigh was bleeding.

Trying to ignore the pain, you scanned the clearing for any traces of Muichiro. Only the sound of crickets and frogs found your ears. The two of you had split up to fight a horde of demons, leading them away from a nearby village. He would probably wait at the village for you, but the thought of walking back with an injured leg had you pissed. You closed your eyes, taking a deep breath.

It had been a shitass day with tripping over roots, bumping into bushes, and an abundance of demons attacking you. Combined with the fact that you just got injured and needed to find your way back to a place you had no directions for, you felt like ass.

You sighed in exasperation, relaxing your stance. You slowly opened your eyes, standing up straight and turning to what you thought was the right direction. In surprise, curious blue orbs stared right back at you. You almost jumped out of your skin before realising who it was.

Your heart skipped a beat as you recognised the familiar eyes of the mist hashira. Relief and joy flooded your senses as you realised he was safe and unharmed.

"Tokito! You're way too good at hiding your presence."

"You took too long. I was waiting for you", he replied calmly.

"Ah sorry, the last demon was quite tough." Muichiro wasn't looking at you anymore. Instead, he was staring down at your legs while furrowing his eyebrows.

He motioned his hand over to a large rock, pointing at it. "Sit."
"Huh?"
"I said sit. I need to take a closer look." His voice was firm without any intention of being ignored.

The Hashira's expression was serious as he examined the wound, his fingers hovering over it before his hand fell.

"I'm going to desinfect and clean the wound to make sure you don't get an infection.."

"It's fine, I can do that myself", you assured, and you took off the little bag that hung loosely around your waist, trying not to move your leg in the process.

"You should focus on your recovery breathing instead", he stated, and you reluctantly did as he told you.

Muichiro snatched the satchel from you before laying out an assortment of items. Bandages, cloths, ointments and other medical-related stuff. Your gaze snapped up to him, but he was busy dipping one of the cloths in a tincture you had gotten from Shinobu.

During your last visit at the Butterfly Estate, she was kind enough to provide you with an array of various tinctures and ointments in case of emergency, and you were really thankful for it, especially now.

Muichiro kneeled down in front of you as he slowly and carefully dapped the cloth over the sensitive wound. It stung a little, but you were careful to keep the wincing under control.

"How did this happen?"

He didn't take his eyes off the injury the whole time he set to work on it.
His feather-like touch travelled over your wound so carefully.

"I'm not sure. The demon was really fast, and I didn't even realise it grazed me", you answered truthfully, shrugging your shoulders.

"Don't only rely on your sight. Always keep all your senses open; train them all to perfection if you must." He lectured you with a surprisingly gentle voice.

The male had finally finished cleaning off all the blood and took a closer look at your injury.

"Despite the vehement blood loss, the cut in your skin isn't too deep. You won't even need stitches", Muichiro pointed out while reaching for an ointment. He carefully pulled up your uniform by a bit to reach the injury better and apply the healing paste.

You cast your gaze up at the sky, a blush creeping its way onto your cheeks at the close contact. A black-to-navy gradient was the backdrop for a full moon, and the night sky was so clear you could almost see every crater. Millions of stars were sprinkled behind it-a few large ones but mostly a multitude of little white pinpricks.

Meanwhile, warm fingertips rubbed circles on the exposed area of your skin. Your brain so gracefully short-circuited at the action and unwillingly, as if you were pulled towards a magnet, your eyes were drawn back towards Muichiro.

His facial expression was just as monotone as usual, but his eyes were different. An emotion you couldn't quite grasp hidden just beneath the surface. You didn't know what exactly it was, but it made your heart flutter.

He carefully finished bandaging your leg before looking back up at you.

"Your face is really red", he stated.
The Mist Hashira proceeded to raise a brow in question, all while keeping his expression stoic.

You shot up in embarrassment at his blunt statement, his hands falling from your thigh in the process.

You managed to stand for a few wobbly seconds before taking a step and feeling pain flash through your injury. Your leg came out from beneath you as you tumbled forward. Your body fell onto his, face landing on his chest, your lips brushing against his cheek in the process.
You immediately felt embarrassed as you struggled to get up. Muichiro slowly sat up, propping his arms behind him for balance, causing you to now be sitting beside him on the grass.

The male raised his pointer finger in the air before silently bringing it to his face. He tapped his lips twice.
"I was told that such contact should be on the lips."

You began to open your mouth to attempt to say something, but nothing would escape from your lips.

"Here, let me show you"

In an instant, a hand gently pulled you by your chin, tilting your face up to meet his. Your lips grazed, and the feeling of his soft, warm lips made you freeze in surprise. It only lasted for a couple of seconds before he released you again. You gasped softly.

The corners of his lips moved up slightly, close enough to resemble a smile, and your breath stuttered at the unfamiliar action. Your eyes were pulled towards them, the soft curve of his mouth was strangely captivating to you. The view of him swathed in moonlight didn't help your attraction either.

"Muichiro..what was that?"

"A kiss. Wasn't that what you were trying to do?", he asked, cocking his head to the side.

"No, but erm.." You tried to use some words to express your feelings, but the only sounds that came out of your mouth were weird stutters. You took a deep breath. "Actually..maybe you can show me again?"