Jealousy 💙

Muichiro gets jealous seeing you train with somebody else.

"Please Tokito, train with me," you begged. Muichiro sat on the engawa in one of the mansions inside the swordsmith village. Settling next to him with a huff, you watched the sunlight filter through the foliage of the nearby trees, which cast spotted patterns on the mist pillar. You already knew the answer, there just hasn't been time lately.

While Muichiro had been recovering from his injuries fighting the Upper Moon, you had been helping with the chaos that had been left behind. Tending to the wounded swordsmiths and slayers or cleaning up the rubble. Your fingers were itching at the opportunity to swing your katana again.

"I have to report back to master Ubuyashiki," he said with his usual stoic expression, focusing on the letter in his hands. A deep sigh left your lips. You watched him out of the corner of your eye while he started to write the mission report. A gentle breeze rustled the leaves above, and your breath became steady, matching the rhythm of the wind brushing past.

It almost felt hypnotic to look at his dark hair flowing through the wind, his mint tips swaying lightly.

"You're staring.."
A small smile graced the Hashira's lips, as if he had caught you in a moment of silent admiration. Startled, you blinked and refocused your attention ahead of you.

The tranquil scene was quickly disrupted by a booming voice that caused the birds to scatter. Next to you, Muichiro let out an irritated sigh at the disturbance of peace. You squinted your eyes a bit as you tried to figure out who it was. It appeared to be two boys, one wearing a boar head and the other a yellow haori.

"Prostrate yourself before me! I'm Hashibira Inosuke, the Mountain God!", the boisterous voice erupted from under the boar mask further down the path.
The gears in your head started turning, trying to remember where you knew his name from.

You silently rose from your position next to Muichiro and strolled towards the arriving slayers.
Trying to protect the little peace the mist pillar had in hopes that he would finish his work soon and be able to train you again.

"Hi there! Can I help you?"

"Oh hello, we're here to see Tanjiro and my lovely Nezuko. I'm Zenitsu, and who do I have the pleasure of talking to?" The yellow-haired boy bowed slightly while he held out his hand for you to shake. You gave him your name, feeling a bit awkward.

"Yeah, I wanna fight Gonpachiro!" Inosuke raised his two nichirin blades into the air while he yelled. Zenitsu rolled his eyes.

"Unfortunately, I don't think he has recovered enough yet to train. I'll fight you, though, if you promise to keep it down. I'm the mist Hashira's tsuguko. Is that challenging enough for you?", you offered with a smile.

"You wouldn't be able to take me, the great Inosuke, in a fight though!" the boar boy spoke confidently and puffed out his chest.

"Uuhh, riiight... you want to prove that?" You lifted an eyebrow at him, laughing at the demon slayer's cockiness.