Soothing rain 🌧

Muichiro returned later from his mission than promised.

It had been raining for hours now, the steady patter of water against the roof long since faded to a dull rush in the back of your mind

It had been raining for hours now, the steady patter of water against the roof long since faded to a dull rush in the back of your mind. You kept on tossing and turning on your bed, though you commanded your brain to take its rest to call it a day, your eyelids just choose to stay open.

Muichiro's crow Ginko had dropped off a letter which said he would be back in two days. That was four days ago now.

You knew you should have been asleep, but your mind raced with thoughts and kept plaguing you with worry. So, when you heard the increasing tip taps of rain hitting your window within the estate, you decided to go and watch the rain, to try and help ease your thoughts.
As you slit open the glass door, you went over to the engawa, gracefully sitting down and letting your legs fall from the wooden deck. Inhaling quietly, you shut your eyes for a few moments, the earthy smell of the damp grass rather pleasant. The sound of nature's melody soothed your senses.

You knew you had nothing to worry about, the mist hashira was quite capable. Regardless, you always found yourself worrying over the one you had shared your heart with.

The rain had picked up since you sat down outside, heavy drops hitting the wooden awning that provided you cover.

You didn't know how long you sat there when you felt a pair of strong arms wrap around your body and a wet sensation against your back.
Peering at the sudden company, your eyes were met with a completely drenched Muichiro. The fears that had been filling your head moments ago had been cleared instantly away. The mist pillar pulled you into his lap, chest pressed against your back and head slightly bent down to rest his chin on your shoulder. His soaked uniform tightly clung to his skin, complimenting every muscle and curve beneath. You felt the cold from his clothing, but didn't care as you pushed yourself closer into his embrace. Soon your uniform was soaked as well.
Muichiro turned his head to meet your eyes that have been caught lingering upon him.

"If I were a demon, you'd be dead", he said, tightening his grip around your waist. "You need to pay more attention to your surroundings"

"Hm, I missed you Tokito"
He smiled, a small, almost imperceptible curve of his lips, at you for ignoring his scolding.

"Don't tell me you've never been distracted"

Muichiro didn't answer but rested his head on top of yours, causing his wet hair to cascade around you and to stick against your cheeks. He was a disciplined and focused fighter. But he would lie if he said he hadn't thought about you on his last mission. He did his very best to keep his attention where it belonged...his mind, however, had a different plan and kept drifting over the tender image of your face that he held there.

"I missed you too", he murmured into your hair softly, not answering your previous statement. You slightly turned to him at his words, the smile growing on your lips was almost ethereal to him.

Both of you sat for a moment in the quiet, the tapping of rain hitting the roof of the mansion was the only sound passing between you. The silence was always comfortable with him, you sitting around not saying a word, and it would still be the most enthralling thing.

"Should I make us some tea? I don't want you to get sick", you hummed, gently gripping onto the damp fabric of his sleeves, but yawned right after.
The mist pillar had his eyes focused on the rippling puddles as he shook his head. Some droplets of his wet hair fell onto your lap, the teal tips appearing deeper in hue. Both of you too exhausted and comfortable in this position to get up.

One of his hands traveled from your waist and slid down your form to your thigh. His pointer finger started to draw random shapes on your skin while he gazed at the downpour ahead, unfazed. You caught yourself taking longer blinks. The sensation of his warm fingertips, the cool weather, and his form against you mixed together to create the perfect sleep inducer, your eyes became heavy, and they finally closed as the pitter-patter of the rain faded.