───※ ·27· ※───

Start from the beginning

"Good morning," Thompson said. I acknowledged him and looked over his shoulder to see Muller's head on his desk.

"What happened to him?" I asked. Thompson raised a brow, then looked at Muller.

"The man said he was studying all night and couldn't sleep." I looked at Muller and got distracted when the door to the classroom opened. I looked in the direction to see if it was Nsikan, only to see Stella and Chuks.

They didn't turn to go to the back as usual but found their way over to our seats. "Future Nsikan's brother. Please, where's Nsikan?"

Stella groaned, face-palming herself. "I told him not to call you that."

"What?" Chuks questioned. "He's going to be her brother after all."

"Aren't you both her friends?" Muller groaned. "Call her." 

"We've tried," Stella sighed. "It's switched off. The first period is going to start soon, and Nsikan has never been this late."

I remembered dropping her off at her gate yesterday. What would've happened? "Maybe she had stomach cramps?"

"Nsikan menstrual cramps are usually a one-day thing," Stella said to Thompson. "The next four days are usually a slight pain she can endure."

Thompson sighed audibly, resting his back on his chair. "I wanted to say this to only Damian; you both will just rampage the whole situation."

"So you know what's wrong?" I turned to Thompson, and he gave a slight nod.

"Can you just tell us?" Chuks was starting to feel frustrated. "You're her brother."

"Not yet her brother..."

"—future brother," Chuks continued regardless.

I turned to Thompson. "What happened?" 

Thompson felt hesitant. He had his lips closed as he kept contemplating if it was okay for him to tell me this in front of Stella and Chuks.

"Okay." He finally gave in. "I heard from my Dad that Nsikan got beaten in front of her gate."

"What?" I asked.

"What?!" Stella exclaimed in pure shock.

"I drove her to her gate yesterday," I mumbled to myself. "How could that happen?"

"Queen happened, I guess," Thompson shrugged. "I heard from my dad that Nsikan called names of the people who beat her up. It was Queen, Elue, and Chloe."

"Oh, hell no!" Chuks said, turning to the back. Stella did the same, and I knew they were both looking at the three friends. I was furious as well. For the first time, I was furious at a situation that wasn't related to Muller and Thompson or even my mother. I was furious because they'd done something as shitty as this to Nsikan.

"I swear I'm going to—"

"I'll handle this," I said, stopping Stella. Stella wasn't happy in the least.

"I guess you should," Thompson said, nodding. "You need to tell Queen straight that you aren't interested. Besides, I heard the gift you got for Nsikan got destroyed by her."

That got me balling my fist. I'd given Nsikan that gift not because she was good company to me yesterday but because I genuinely wanted to get her something.

"Damian, let me handle this," Stella said with anger. "Let me beat that girl up because I know you won't do it."

"He won't beat her up?" Chuks scrunched his nose. "Isn't every female fighting for equality? Why shouldn't he beat her up the way he'd beat a guy? If he isn't going to beat her up, then I will!"