Chapter Seventeen

Začať od začiatku

"Oh hello there." Taylor smiles as he starts to spin me around to my favourite song. 
"Hi to you too." I giggle, twirling back into his chest.

Taylor's lips quirk into a smirk, and suddenly he's tickling me, causing me to erupt in a fit of giggles. 
"Stop!" I laugh, collapsing into him. 
"Fine, but only because you asked nicely." He teases as he grabs my waist, causing me to bite my lip in embarrassment. 

"I like you like this." Taylor whispers so only I can hear him.
"Like what?" I wonder.
"Having fun, letting loose, not worrying." The brunette smiles as he spins me again. "You're enjoying yourself today."

"It's hard not to enjoy myself when I'm with you." I admit in a whisper, looking up at Taylor.
Taylor smiles, moving a piece of my hair behind my ear. "I like spending time with you." My breath hitches as his hand cups my cheek. I feel myself blushing scarlet as Taylor releases a chuckle. 

"Now this is weird." I point out.
"What's weird?" Taylor asks, sounding a bit taken aback. 
"Tay, we're slow dancing, close together, and you're shirtless and I'm in a bikini." I answer and watch as a smirk spreads over Taylor's lips. Clearly, he has an idea. 

"Oh, I can fix that." Taylor reassures me as he lifts me up bridal style and he jumps into the pool, making us both go under.

"Taylor!" I shriek as we resurface.
"What?" He feigns innocence. "Now it's not awkward!" He laughs.
"I never said awkward, just weird." I laugh, shoving him gently.
"Same thing." Taylor shrugs. 

"What do you want to do now?" Taylor asks as we doggy paddle to stay afloat. 
"I'll race you to the other side of the pool." I smirk. "But be warned, I'm a pretty good swimmer."
"No way. I'm going to beat you." He fights back.

"Okay. So the rules are, first one to touch the other end of the pool wins, you have to dodge everyone else, you can't tell them to move and, the winner gets to push the loser into the pool." I list off.
"You're on and you're going down." He states. "On three. One. Two. Three!" Taylor shouts as I push off of the wall and start to swim freestyle to the other side of the pool.

"Ready to lose?" I shout behind me as I keep swimming, with only about four meters left.
"Not going to happen." Taylor retorts and I feel his hands grab at my hips pulling me backwards.
"Hey!" I shout through laughter. "That is so unfair." I call again as he overtakes me.

"And I win!" He cheers as he touches the wall first.
"No way, you definitely cheated!" I exclaim, joining his side with a pout.
"Fine you win." Taylor admits in defeat. "As long as you stop pouting because you're killing me."
"Yay." I smile victoriously.

"Time to get out." I instruct as we walk back to the deep end of the pool. "Now, face me."
"Why?" Taylor asks.
"So I can push you in backwards." I sass, stepping forward and shoving Taylor's shoulders. But unfortunately for me, I get pulled down too. 

"Taylor!" I exclaim with laughter as we resurface.
"Jordan!" He shouts, pulling me closer and I bring my hands to his chest. "Here." He smiles as he moves the loose hair away from my eyes.
"Thank you." I blush as we stand chest-to-chest in the water.

"Oh I-" Taylor starts.
"Yeah we should probably," I stumble.
"We could just," Taylor stutters.

"Taylor, play with me." Logan shouts, causing us to break our connection to look at him.
"Squirt, I don't think Taylor wants to-" I start.
"No, of course I do." Taylor smiles at me, as he loosens his grip so we can separate. "What do you want to do Logan?" He asks as I decide to get out of the pool and sit next to Baylin on his lounge chair.

"Hi Bay." I smile, sitting down.
"Hey gorgeous." He returns the smile.
"What do you think of them?" I ask, motioning to the boys.

"They're good guys." Baylin responds.
"Yeah, they are." I smile as I look over at Taylor playing with Logan.
"You like him, don't you?" Bay asks dragging me away from my gaze.

"Who?" I query, not following along.
"Taylor." He states plainly and I look down at my lap.
"Is it that obvious?" I wonder self-consciously.
"Only to some of us." Baylin reassures as I look back towards Taylor and Logan.

"He likes you too." He comments.
"He what?" I quiz.
"It is so obvious Jords." Baylin smirks. "Literally your whole moment in the pool just then. That was cute."
"Bay. That's so embarrassing." I whine into his chest.

"Trust me. Has anything happened between you?" My best friend pushes.
"We almost kissed." I admit in a whisper.
"You what?" He gasps, lifting me off his chest and grabbing me by my shoulders. "How come you didn't tell me?"
"Because it was an almost kiss," I pause. "But I really wanted it to happen." I admit.

"Jords this is so exciting." Baylin exclaims. "Just look at how good he is with Squirt."
"I hate it when you're right." I puff and bury my face in my hands. "But I don't think he likes me."
"Hey." He speaks as he pulls my hands down softly. "You're amazing, talented, and beautiful, and any guy would be stupid not to fall for you."

"You always know what to say to make me feel better." I smile. "I love you Bay."
"I love you too Jords." He smiles. "Now please, promise me that if he, no, when Taylor asks you out, say yes." He instructs making me laugh.

"I promise, but it will never happen." I frown to myself.
"It will. I promise." Baylin squeezes my hand. "When it does, I better be the first to know."
"You're such a dork sometimes." I laugh while shoving him.
"Maybe, but so are you!"

"Baylin! Jordan! Come play with Taylor and I!" Logan calls from the pool.
"Yeah come on." Taylor calls with a smile.
"Oh, he so likes you." Baylin sings as he helps me up.

"Shush!" I shout as we both jump into the pool.