5. icebreaker

"Yes Coach Maddie

"Yes Coach Maddie." Theo says while winking at her with a smirk on his face.

"Hi everyone, my name is Theo Taylor and if you didn't know MJ is my sister so, stay away you pervs."

Everyone starts laughing, except I don't.

I take this personally even though he didn't mean it towards anyone, Theo always jokes with things like that.

"Hey guys my name is Louis Jay and I used to play ice hockey all through middle school."

"Hey boisss, the name's Hayden Evans and my favorite food is sweet potato chips."

Andrew howls from the circle "shut the fuck up man, we all know your favorite food is vodka."

If there is the opposite of a DD, that's Hayden. I have no idea how he manages to come to training everyday without a migraine because of all of the alcohol he drinks.

"Hi guys, Will Jones is the name and basketball is the game."

Then it was my turn, what am I supposed to say? "Hi, my name is Finn Wilson and I think I'm in love with Maddie Taylor."

"Yo Finn, you there bro." Charlie screaming into my ear brings me back to earth."

OMG Charlie makes me want to die. He is the most annoying fuckboy to ever walk on the face of the earth.

"Huh yeah what" I feel everyone's eyes on me. As a team captain and everything I should be used to talking in crowds but something about it scares me. "Right, sorry, m-my name is Finn Wilson."

"Finn, man up bro, stop being such a pussy, not like you like anyone here." Hayden says to me, winking. Shocked and confused faces arose from the crowd.

Hayden is the only one who knows about my little crush on Maddie. But in my defense, I was drunk and I'm pretty sure he was drunk. Turns out he has a good drunken memory.

"Right, umm- i like horses?" I blurt out.

Horses Finn, horses. You've never seen a horse in your life. You. Are. So. Dumb.

"That's a first." Theo says from the other side of the circle.

I roll my eyes at him.

"My name is Charlie, and I think ur hella cute Maddie." He says while shooting her a quick wink and smirk.

I see Theo tense up beside her. Out of all the guys on this team Charlie is going to make him really mad.

Beside Theo, Maddie is blushing, hints of pink flushing in her tan cheeks. She is sitting there fiddling with her shoelace.

And for some reason I feel mad at Charlie, but I don't even have a reason to be. She's not my gf or even my friend it's not like she even acknowledges who I am anyway.

 She's not my gf or even my friend it's not like she even acknowledges who I am anyway