TWELVE

KANAN'S POV

I headed towards the bed as I was done with my night routine. As soon as I sat there and took the pillow from my side to keep it close to my chest, I heard the notification sound. I noticed it was from his phone.

Viraj was in the washroom while I picked up his phone to check the notification. "Happy birthday in advance V! Just a few more hours!"

I saw the text. It was from some unknown number. I kept the phone back to its place. It might be some colleague of his but I came to know a new thing! I thought.

It's his birthday tomorrow that is within a few hours. Oh My Gosh! So many months of our marriage and I don't even remember his birth day. "Thank you stranger for telling me!" I smiled and taking my phone went to the balcony. I need to make some preparations for my dear husband.

I called at my office, and after three four rings someone picked it up.

"Hey! Myself Kanan!" I spoke.

"Yes say, why did you go home soon today?" It was Max on the other side.

"Actually I took permission from Rhea. My part was done!"

"Kanan, we have a concert day after tomorrow. We need to practice a lot!" He said.

Practice?

Concert?

That means I can't have a day off tomorrow. I need to do something. "Can you give the phone to Rhea?" I asked.

"What's the problem?" He asked, all concerned for me.

"Oh it's not a big issue. Just give the phone to Rhea!"

Then I had a talk with Rhea and I explained her how important tomorrow was for me and after many requests of mine, she gave me a half day off.

I sighed a breath of relief and came to the bed. "Hey wifey! How was your day?" Viraj kept his laptop aside and made some space for me on the bed.

"It was good!" I said and hugged him.

"Someone's too comfy here hmm!" He rubbed my head and I raised my face to look at him clearly.

The way his glance was so soft at me and the way he was smiling. He always makes butterflies flutter in my stomach. "You are the comfiest!" I giggled and engulfed closer to him.

"I love you!" He patted my cheek and I said him a love you too.

He wasn't even telling me that it's his birthday tomorrow. "Viraj?" I asked and he hummed in response.

"Yes baby." He smiled.

"What do you want? I mean what do you like the most?"

"You!" He passed a dimple smile at me.

I pouted and then left to the kitchen. In the kitchen, I sat on the slab thinking what I should do on his birthday. I have to make it his best birthday ever! I picked up my mobile and called mom.

After talking with mom, it was decided that we are going to have a birthday party here in our mansion and mom dad and his cousin Reena are going to come over. Mom told me that Viraj loves chocolate cake and since a child he has had an obsession for wrist watches. I was happy that I knew what to gift him now.

Without wastung any time, I took out a large bowl and added all purpose flour to it, when I heard him. "Kanan, what are you making at this hour of the night?" He was drinking water.

"Felt like eating brownies!" I smiled and added cocoa powder to it.

"Make some for me too! I'll have in the morning." He said and giving me a quick peck on my cheeks, left.