TWO

KANAN'S POV

I was feeling too tired with all the accessories and the heavy dress, I looked at Viraj who was carrying the suitcases into the house. I couldn't even look at the house properly and I was in no mood to do that either. "Mom, where's our room?" I asked her.

"What did you call me?" She cupped my face with her hands.

"I'm sorry... If... I shouldn't have..." I was cut off by her.

"No no, daughter, I'm so happy. My ears wanted to hear this since so long. Thank you for considering me like your mom, I promise to take care of you like your real mother and you know, you're as important to me as Viraj."

"Thank you so much mom", I smiled at her.

"Viraj, take Kanan to your bedroom. I'll ask your dad to get the luggage." She said.

Viraj came towards me and said, "Come with me."

I nodded and followed him. He took me past the drawing room, followed by a narrow corridor which led to a small sized kitchen on the left, a gate to outer lawn, and on the right side was another wooden door. It was a pretty small and decent house with just everything. I found it really warm and cozy as compared to my big cold mansion.

He opened the door for me and I entered his room, now which was mine as well. I rolled my eyeballs and saw a lot of photo frames on the wall, I walked towards the wall.

There were photos of Viraj, from his childhood days, high school time and even photos of his graduation ceremony. There were his family photos, it all felt so good. I couldn't help the tears in my eyes. The thing different about this was that this home really felt like a home compared to mine where I was always left with a maid to look after me.

In the whole process, I didn't even notice that Viraj was still standing at the door. "You need something?" He asked me.

I quickly wiped off my tears and turned around. "Nothing really."

"I'm outside in the hall, you can call me anytime. You can freshen up. The bathroom is on the left, the pink door. I havek kept all the required things, but if you still need, don't hesitate." He said and closed the door.

Little did he knew, that after he closes the door, I wouldn't be able to control myself. I fell on the bed as the tears streamed down my cheeks. The pain of being away from your family, friends,and in a stranger's house where you had to stay forever from now onwards. I couldn't help the falling tears.

Then after half an hour, I got up wiping my tears. "Viraj is no stranger, he's my husband and this is my new family." I made myself understand and went to the cupboard to take out some clothes and get freshened up. It was just like the other parts of the house. I looked at the pink towel hung on the side and the lime facewash on the basin. A smile came on my lips. These small actions of his care towards me made me happy from inside.

VIRAJ'S POV

I was sitting in the hall reading some news from the online application. Mom entered with a glass of milk and toast. "Son", she called and my attention was diverted to her. I kept the phone aside.

"Go in your room now, it's been more than an hour. Kanan would be feeling alone. It's her first night here, she doesn't know anyone that much. It's your duty to talk to her and make her comfortable a bit."

"Sure mom." I had completely forgotten about her to be honest. It was going to take time to know that I now had a wife too.

"Whose going to take these?" She stopped me midway.

I turned around and took the tray from her hands. "I will."

I knocked at the door before entering. "Come in." A soft voice came.