Its over

XAVIER

I slam the door of Jenna's apartment hide out and make my way back to my car. She wasn't there and I'm pissed. I angrily get back in my car, and Jason is there cleaning the blood off his face.

I want to punch him again.

"She wasn't here?" He asks.

"No. She's not. We checked the old mansion and here, so now I'm wondering if you're just playing me." I say to him.

"I swear to you, Xavier, I'm not." He says with a pleading look on his face.

"Whatever, Jason." I mumble.

There's silence between us. I want to wait here for a while to see if Jenna will show up.

"Am I still your brother?" He asks, but he doesn't look at me when he says it.

"What?"

"Am I still your brother?" He asks again, but this time on the verge of tears.

"Jesus, you really are a baby." I say to him.

"I'm sorry, Xavier.  I know I fucked up."

"Yeah you did." I say firmly.

Jason looks down at the bloody wipes. "If I go to jail, I'm okay with that." He says.

"What?"

"I helped Jenna. I broke the law. I deserve whatever happens to me. Hopefully, someone puts a bullet in my skull." He says in tears.

I sigh heavily and wrap an arm around him. "You're my brother Jason. Despite your fuck ups you're trying. I'm not gonna let anything bad happen to you."

Jason smiles slightly. "Thank you."

"You know you were the most annoying kid?" I say to him.

"Yeah, I know."

"Always following me around. Stealing my stuff. Snitching. It was annoying back then, but now that we're older, I don't know. I guess I understand it better. I understand why." I explain. "I made mistakes with you. But you're still my little brother idiot."

"So, does that mean you feel bad about punching me?"

"HA. No. You deserved it."

Jason chuckles, and I lean my head back in my seat. Just then, my phone rings.

I pull it out and notice it's Sofia.

"Who is it?" Jason asks.

"Sofia." I say to him before answering the call and pressing the phone to my ear.

"Hey babe." I say.

"Oh, it's babe now?" Jason mumbles.

"Hey baby. Miss me?" A voice says, and my blood runs cold.

"Jenna?"

Jason's eyes widened at the mention of Jenna's name.

"I like baby better." Jenna says.

"Where is Sofia? How the hell do you have this phone?!" I yell.

"Oh baby, calm down. They're both fine. As long as you come home."

"I want to talk to Sofia." I say while starting my car.

Jenna scoffs.

Sofia: "Xavier."

"Are you okay? Is Saint okay?"

Sofia: "Yes, but she has a gun."

"Enough chit chat. Come home now. And if you call the cops I'll kill her and the baby before you can get through that door." Jenna warns and hangs up the call before I can say something.