Epilogue

E P I L O G U E

.....

One week later

I couldn't believe that the camp was finally ending. I didn't want it to end because it had been so enjoyable and fun experience for me. I was feeling a bit upset about leaving the camp because I had developed a connection with those people and with...Jesse. He had said that we would still meet and hang out together, however, things wouldn't be the same, right.

The trainers had surprised us the previous day by announcing a special party for all of us and our parents were also invited. I could never deny that Fitness for Dummies had shown me a different view of certain things. This camp taught me things that I could never forget.

"This drink tastes good, Liz," mom said, taking a sip of her apple juice.

There was a huge table where all sorts of healthy drinks and food were served. The day was sunny with no clouds in the sky and a light wind was blowing in the opposite direction.

I was wearing a casual top with a pair of blue jeans because that day was meant for fun and not for working out.

Olive wrapped her arm around my shoulders, smiling at me. "I can't believe, Liz. We made through this camp."

"I'll miss this place, though."

"Me too."

Someone blew a whistle, getting our attention.

The trainers were also wearing their casual clothes. I spotted Jesse and he flashed me a smile. I smiled back, shifting my eyes back to Christine.

She had a microphone in her hand.

"I hope you're enjoying this little get together. I'm so proud of everyone who participated in this camp. It was such a pleasant experience and if you'd like to share your opinions, please come here," she grinned.

A few people spoke about their time spent in Fitness for Dummies. After ten minutes, I went towards Christine and she gave me the microphone. Nervously, I faced the people standing in front of me. Mom and Olive beamed at me and I gave them a sheepish nod.

"Hey...um, honestly, I'm not good at speeches and all, so please bear with me," I said, clearing my throat.

"Um, what can I say about this place? Initially, I thought I was trapped. I mean, its name, Fitness for Dummies, was enough to make me cringe, but I'm really thankful to all the trainers who helped us day in day out. I feel some good changes in my body and, I'll keep exercising because I want to be in a good shape. One more thing, don't let anyone insult you because you're not slim. I've found that genuine friends don't care about your weight and stuff; they care about how you're in person."

I glanced back at Jesse and he nodded.

"I know that I'm not perfect. I know I've countless flaws in me...What I'm trying to say is that don't be too self-conscious. We should reduce our weight not because we look ugly, but because we want to get healthy. Being fat doesn't mean you're ugly, okay. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I hope I didn't bore you to death," I said, smiling at everyone.

A great cheer went up from the crowd standing in front of me.

"That was inspirational," Christine whispered, patting my shoulder.

"Thank you."

I ran towards mom.

"You should be our next president, Lizzie," Olive said.

"Your speech was great. I can't explain how proud I'm of you," mom said, wiping her eyes.

"I love you mom and thanks for sending me here."

I gave her a quick hug.

A few minutes later, Jesse camp up and stood beside us.

"Mom, he is Jesse. He's also a trainer here."

They both shook hands.

"And he sucks at playing soccer," Olive scoffed.

"Absolutely not." Jesse shook his head.

I put my face between my hands, cursing under my breath. They both could never stop bickering.

"I can clearly see how much fun you guys have together," mom chuckled.

"Only if you knew, mom."

.....

Hey, I hope you enjoyed reading this story. I wrote this story to get rid of my writer's block. And it helped me a lot. Thanks to everyone who read, voted and commented on my story.

Thank you so much!