2:37 am

Kyoka sat up abruptly in her bed for the thousandth time, waking from the never-ending nightmares.

She waited and tried to breathe silently to see if Atsushi had woken up. After waiting a couple minutes, she realized he wasn't getting up so she put her shoes on and left the dorm room.

After she had finished walking outside she checked her phone and read the time. 2:37 am. She sighed heavier than anyone her age should.

It was extremely dark other than a small light by the stairs so she went over and sat on them. She sat by herself in silence for about 30 minutes before she heard another door open, she turned quickly thinking it was Atsushi who woke up, or kunikida who would gonna get mad at her. It ended up being Yosano with a blanket and a mug.

Yosano looked equally if not more surprised to see Kyoka. Yosano considered turning around but realized that wasn't an option. The older women sat down next to her and put the blanket over both of their legs. She then decided to hand the cup of tea to Kyoka instead of drinking it.

"What are you doing up at this time?" Asked yosano with a clear look of concern on her face.

"I'm just tired yosano, I'm just so tired," she said like it answered all of her questions.

"Then go to sleep." Said yosano, not quite understanding Kyoka. The young girl sighed heavily once again.

"I can't sleep, every time I close my eyes I see my parents or the people I killed." Cried Kyoka. " I just want it to end."

Yosano sat for a moment without saying a word. What type of world were they living in that this was the type of thing a ten-year-old would say? It was... so sickening.

Yosano?" Asked Kyoka. Yosano is knocked out of her trance.

"I don't like to tell people this, but I was In the port mafia once too. At least I sort of was, Mori made me save soldiers who were on the brink of death during the Great War," she said while resting her hands on her face.

"I didn't want to be there, but I thought if I was saving people's lives it would be okay. I never thought about how I would feel watching the soldiers break. My powers can only Heal their physical conditions, not their mental conditions. The soldiers all gradually started to break, every time I used my ability on them, Even some of the strongest. Some of them committed suicide just so I couldn't bring them back. I become a shell of who I was before. I hate Mori for what he did to me." Revealed yosano. Kyoka soaked up what she was saying fairly easily.

"Does it get better?" Asked Kyoka with a little shine of hope In her eyes. Yosano reaches over and brushes the hair out of Kyokas eyes.

"It does. step by step. I know I'll never be the same, but if it didn't happen I wouldn't be who I am today. I wouldn't be at the agency, and I love it here. So even if I get a couple of nightmares every now and then, or my heart rate quickens at the sight of a body, so be it. If that's what I had to go through to get here I don't regret anything that happened. I'll never forgive Mori, but I've forgiven myself, and In the end that's all that really matters." Replied yosano with a small sympathetic smile on her face.

"So you think I can be good?" Asked Kyoka.

Yosanos's heart dropped. "Oh, my dear girl... I know you can. In fact, you already are. You've shown to be kind, and I've heard a couple of things from kouyou." Said yosano, knowing Kyoka is going to have follow-up questions.

"You know kouyou!?" Yelled Kyoka. Yosano shushed her which caused Kyoka to lower her head in shame.

"Yes, between you and I, we are dating." Whispered yosano. Kyokas eyes lit up.