we slipped inside the car, and sped off to our destination.

*****************

we are now stood in the line of a small corner coffee shop nestled in between two much larger buildings. it was quaint and cozy, the aroma of coffee and the happy chatter of different groups of people lingered in the air.

"may i take your order?" the blonde barista asked, looking directly at me while twirling her hair.

"yeah, i want a—"

i was cut off when a lukes long arm wrapped tightly around my waist, and he pulled me into his side. i looked up and he was staring straight ahead, a smug look on his face. i looked to see what he was staring at, and found the barista. she had a shocked look on her face, her mouth hung open and her eyes widened.

oh.  I realized that the barista was totally flirting with me, and that luke may be just a little jealous. that made my insides all warm and fluttery, and my face turned three different shades of red before I finally ordered something.

"I'd like just a black coffee please." I tried not to make eye contact with the barista so it wouldn't be awkward.

"and I'll have the same thing. except I'll take a pastry to share with my boyfriend. thanks."

his boyfriend? that's something I could really get used to him saying.

the barista just gave us a tight lipped smile, wrote down our orders, and announced she'd be right out with the coffee.

"so boyfriend, huh? what was that for?" I asked luke.

"i didn't like the way she was looking at you, it made me all jittery and anxious and it annoyed me."

"aww we're you jealous, baby?" I was mocking him with the pet name and he just rolled his eyes and laughed.

"shut up, princess." he retaliated.

hearing him voice the pet name made me go all weak in the knees even though I wasn't standing and turned my insides to warm and fuzzy mush.

the rest of the time we talked and laughed and got to know each other better. we had a great time together. time just seemed to fly when we were together and we didn't realize just how late it was.

the ride back to my house was just us two sitting in a comfortable silence. we just enjoyed having each other presence.

we pulled into my driveway minutes later and before I could open the car door luke had somehow reached it before me and opened it.

I blushed, "thanks, luke."

he smiled at me in recognition and walked me to my door. when I reached the door I turned back to say goodbye and he had the largest grin on his face.

"what?" I say smiling back.

"nothing. just smiling at how cute you are. and how beautiful that lip gloss looks on you. and how much I wanna kiss you right now." somehow his grim seemed to get bigger and bigger with each statement, so big I thought it would touch his ears if he grinned anymore. "would that be okay with you, princess?"

i just nodded my head at a loss for words. i forgot how to speak and breathe in that moment because this totally cute guy that I'm totally into wanted to kiss me.

he stepped closer to me, pushing into my space and backing me up against the door. he trapped me in with both of his hands pinned to the door behind me. he leaned in so slow, occasionally flicking his eyes to my lips, that I thought I was going to die from the anticipation. we were so close that our noses were just barely brushing.

finally, he closed the gap between us and pushed his body into mine. he kissed me slow and gentle. he cupped my cheek with his hand and rubbed it slowly with his thumb.

it was a sweet and chaste kiss and he pulled back a few seconds later.

"I had a really good time. we should definitely do this again, princess." he grinned and gave me a wink.

"yeah, I'd like that." I smiled back at him and waved as he walked back to his car and pulled out of my driveway.

I could still feel the press of his lips against mine. and the tingling sensation it left on my lips and in my stomach and in all my limbs. that was something I was definitely doing again.