Chapter Seventeen: Smile For The Camera

A/N: some possibly disturbing thoughts mentioned

"Hey." Jungwon calls. He plops down on the ground next to Sunghoon with a loud sigh.

"Hi."

Jungwon frowns, noticing how Sunghoon was staring off into space.

"What are you thinking about? Were the cameras too stressful?" Jungwon asks. Sunghoon shakes his head and places his hand in the thin layer of snow on the ground. He smiles...just a little bit.

"Actually...this morning was good." He says quietly. Jungwon raises his eyebrows and scoots closer, inviting Sunghoon to continue.

"Sunoo...said he needed time to think." Sunghoon says.

"Oh? That's...a good thing?" Jungwon asks. Sunghoon shrugs.

"I'm trying to be hopeful. If he needs time to think about it...that means he's considering...right?"

"Yeah...I guess so." Jungwon wanted to be happy for him, he wanted to smile and pat him on the back. He wanted to smirk and wiggle his fingers at him like he had told him his crush had confessed...

...but he was too afraid to do that.

Because it couldn't possibly be that easy...that simple.

Something had to go wrong.

"What about you?" Sunghoon asks, turning to look at him. Jungwon shrugged.

"It was fine, I guess."

"Well...was it fun? With Jay?"

"Yeah...it made me forget about things for a few hours. Jay doesn't make me feel like I need to be mature...I feel my age when I'm with him." Jungwon admits. He smiles thinking about that morning, and hides his face away. Sunghoon smirks.

"Yeah...Jay has that comforting energy." Sunghoons agrees.

"How was...being on the ice?" Jungwon asks lowly. They're quiet as Jake and Heeseung walk past them, entering the empty building they were using to film in.

"I was okay for a while. Sunoo kind of snapped me out of it before it went too far."

"Does he know?"

"No...only you and Jay." Sunghoon sighs and taps at his thighs.

"I'm too ashamed to tell anyone else." He whispers.