Chapter Three: The Talk

"Sunghoon!" Jake calls. Sunghoon turns around and waits for Jake to reach him.

"Yeah?" Sunghoon asks.

"Is Sunoo really okay? He looked pretty dazed."

"Yeah, I think he's okay. He didn't really hit his head that hard. It might be sore tomorrow but he'll be fine." Sunghoon assures. Jake nodded and walked beside Sunghoon, going nowhere in particular.

"Did you two...get your theme yet?" Jake asks. Sunghoon sighed and abruptly stopped walking.

"Yeah. It's the same as always. I feel sorry for Sunoo because I know it makes him uncomfortable. It makes me feel like he's going to end up hating me for it." Sunghoon admits. Jake looked around, making sure they were alone.

"Have you asked Sunoo...? I mean have you asked him if it made him uncomfortable? I know he's said before that he doesn't like skinship that much but maybe it depends on the person...maybe he isn't as uncomfortable as you think? You should talk to him. If it's really that bad, you need to talk to the manager before it goes too far." Jake says sternly.

"Goes too far?" Sunghoon asks, finally meeting Jake's eye.

"Sunghoon...you see what it's like for other groups. It starts with glances and hand holding and then before you know it, they're forced to...do more." Jake mumbles the last part, not wanting to go into detail. Sunghoon understands what he means and scoffs.

"What? You think the manager would make us go that far?" Sunghoon asks. Jake looks away and shrugs.

"Maybe. Anything that brings in more money. You see what they're allowing the fans to do to Ni-ki." Jake growls. Just thinking about the disgusting comments upset him. Some of them went too far, and the company wasn't trying too hard to protect the youngest. Sunghoon places his hand on Jake's shoulder and shakes him a little bit.

"I won't let it go that far. I'll protect Sunoo's feelings before anything else. I can't hurt him like that. I won't allow it. I'll quit this dream before I do that." Sunghoon says quietly. Jake nods.

"We all would. And the rest of us are here for you if you ever decide it's becoming too much." Jake tells him. Sunghoon smiles but there is sadness behind his eyes.

"I know."

—-----------

"Can we talk?" Sunghoon asks. Sunoo looks up at him from the couch. He pauses his kdrama and pulls his earbuds out.

"Okay...? About what?" Sunoo asks nervously. He scanned the room but the only other person there was Jay and he was taking a nap. Sunghoon offers his hand and Sunoo takes it, allowing Sunghoon to pull him up.

"Let's take a walk." Sunghoon leads the way to the front door and the two of them slide into their shoes before slipping outside. They take the elevator down to the ground floor and then walk around the back of the building and into the empty field behind it. Sunghoon stops once they're far away enough from the building to not be on camera or overheard.

"Sunoo...I need you to be honest with me." Sunghoon says. Sunoo searches his eyes for any clue of what he was going to say. Sunoo nods, of course he planned on being honest. But that statement made him worry.

"This...act...we have to put up. Does it make you very uncomfortable?" Sunghoon asks. Sunoo looks down and fidgets with the bottom of his shirt while he thinks.

"No...not really." Sunoo admits. "I don't really like touching that much as you already know, but if I'm forced to be with someone, I'd rather it be you."

Sunghoon is frozen in place by his words. Part of him was relieved that Sunoo didn't hate him for it, but the other part was more focused on the other thing he said. I'd rather it be you. Sunghoon didn't know what he meant by that and he was honestly too embarrassed to ask. Sunoo must have picked up on how flustered he was because then he laughed to break the awkward silence.

"Don't worry about it, Hoon. They won't make us do this forever. You were right when you said I just had to learn to get used to it. Truthfully, it's not that I hate it all, I would just rather it be for comfort...and I know that doesn't make sense now that I've said it out loud..." Sunoo stops himself from rambling on, he knew he was getting off track.

"What I'm trying to say is...I'm okay with this act as long as you're okay. I know it's just for the fans and it's just one of many uncomfortable things we'll have to do chasing this dream. So really...I'm fine." Sunoo assures. Sunghoon smiles and nods.

"Okay. You better tell me if I ever make you uncomfortable though. You know the other members will have our backs if we decide to go against it." Sunghoon tells him. Sunghoon wasn't completely convinced, but he decided he would trust Sunoo anyway. They stood there for a few more silent minutes before deciding to go back.

The fresh air was comforting, something about the smell of pollen mixed with an incoming rain was special. They had just made it back inside and were sitting down at the dining room table when it started to sprinkle.

"Let's cook tonight." Jay says, sitting down beside Sunoo. Jungwon stood at the fridge, taking a few sips of water.

"Yeah, and who can we trust to cook?" He asks. Jay exhales loudly and throws his hands up in the air.

"What am I? A firestarter? You act like I don't know how to cook." Jay complains.

"You're trustworthy enough, but what are we supposed to make?" Heeseung asks, joining Jungwon at the fridge. Jay thinks for a moment but before he can respond, Jake walks in.

"Let's just have ramyeon." He blurts. The members agree in unison and Heeseung pulls out a pot and fills it with water.

"You can cook next time, we feel like being lazy tonight." Jungwon says, noticing Jay's disappointed expression. Jay pouts anyway, inviting Ni-ki to tease him. The seven of them joke around until the food is ready.

"Time to eat!" Heeseung announces. Then, he serves the members.

"Thank you!" Ni-ki is the first to say. The rest follow in unison. Heeseung smiles, being the oldest had its benefits. He actually enjoyed taking care of the younger members sometimes. It made him feel needed and important.

Like he was necessary. 

A/N: Sorry if there are mistakes in this chapter, I didn't really read over it 💀🤡  

Don't forget to vote if you like it 🤭🫶