Chapter 36

As they landed on the stone pavement outside of Cas' apartment the wind chime snapped and turned to dust. "I guess that we'll have to just find another way to get out of here," said Eli.

"Are we sure about this," said Cia.

"Of course," Cas said climbing up the steps. "If you were on the run and literally had one place to go they aren't going to look there first."

"I'm not sure if I understand your logic," Eli said.

"It's so obvious that they wouldn't come looking here." Cas opened the door. "Now I'd suggest coming in because you're attracting a lot of attention."

Both Eli and Cia realized that they were still in their armours and rushed inside. "You could have told us earlier," Cia said.

"Well I thought that you knew," Cas said. "Mom, are you here!"

Slowly her bed room door open and she rushed outside. "Caleb," she said hugging him tightly. "For a moment I thought that I had lost my mind. I've missed you so much." Looking over to Eli and Cia she looked surprised. "Alice I thought that you were out on a hunt with your father?"

"Well it's kind of complicated to say the least," Cia said. "And it's Cia now."

His mother's eyes widened, "The second generation." She looked at Eli, "Thank you for saving him Eli."

Eli was trying to hide his face as he blushed. "It was nothing," he fumbled. "I was just doing my job Eleanor." Eli began to sway, "I was just-." Eli dropped to the ground like a rag doll hitting the coffee table in the process.

Cas hurried over to Eli and pulled up his pant leg. The crystal was progressively larger than the last time he had seen it. Quickly he pulled up his shirt to find that there were crystal growing deep inside his abdomen.

"Mom, we need to get him to the guest room," Cas said.

The three of them lifted him up and laid him gently on the bed. "What happened, Caleb?"

"We got into a fight and I slashed him with my magic." Waving his hand over Eli he said, "And somehow it cause this."

"Crystal disease is very serious, Caleb," she said. "He should have been getting medical help." Touching one of the clusters on Eli's ribs she said. "I have never seen anything like this."

"Do you think you can help him," Cia asked.

"I don't know I'm a doctor of mortal medicine," she said. "I might be able to do something, but I'll need sometime alone."

Quietly, the two exited the room, closing the door behind them. "I hope that he'll be alright," Cas said.

"He'll be fine. I trust your mother to do her best," Cia said. "Right now all we can do is try to move forward." Cia walked into his mother's room. "With that being said, I'm going to go see if your mom has any articles of clothing that might be able to fit me."

Once the door was closed Cas decided to change into his clothes stored in the ring. As he sat down in the chair he used to always sit he felt a strange sense of nostalgia fill him. He remembered the first time he saw Eli barge into their house. He decided to look at the scroll that Eli was adamant about finishing.

"What does it say," Cia said walking into the room.

After a brief pause he said, "No time to rehears just break the curse."

Sitting down beside Cas, Cia said. "I don't think this is a good time to tell you this, but I noticed these in your mother's room." She handed him a bottle of pills, "There for chemotherapy."