13- Best Friend

(Sorry if this is confusing- the first part is in tenth grade. When the POV starts at Eijiro's sixteenth, it's basically a time skip to eleventh grade. Just in case that was confusing. Sorry.)

——————

Izuku always grew up with a friend by his side. His name was Katsuki Bakugo. He was everything to Izuku. The sun couldn't compare to Katsuki's smile. The stars couldn't compare to Katsuki's eyes. The world couldn't compare to his best friend. Nothing couldn't make Izuku leave his best friend behind.

It was tenth grade when he realized things weren't the same for Katsuki.

On the first day of tenth, Izuku looked everywhere for him. He'd been so excited to see his blonde friend again after a summer in a different country, isolated from his crimson-eyed god. He'd found his best friend leaning against the back of the school, smoking a cigar in a leather jacket with a bunch of rough looking guys.

"Katsuki?" He'd said softly, making the blonde turn his head towards him. The red-eyed beauty had been silent for a second, then finally replied.

"Do I know you, nerd?" Those words might've been the most painful five words Izuku had ever heard. He'd ran from the scene, not ever wanting to see that idiotic, betraying blonde ever again.

And yet, here he was, at Katsuki's best friend Eijiro's sweet sixteen, trying not to draw any attention to himself. He could see Katsuki, dancing with his girlfriend, Jiro, out on the dance floor.

No, not his girlfriend, his ex girlfriend.

Izuku knew Katsuki. He had a way of making his exes want him back. Of course, he was just trying to make Jiro want him bad again. He didn't really like her anymore. He was currently in the stage of making himself look extremely hot to attract a bunch of kids. Maybe he was part of the 'bad kids' group, but he was also a total player.

Izuku had found himself resenting the blonde ever since his betrayal. He was one of the few people in school who hadn't already dated or had a crush on Katsuki.

Not even in that outfit.

Katsuki had really gotten dressed up for the party. He was wearing a dark red crop top that looked like it had been torn manually and was extremely short, a black leather jacket that only came up to his midsection, black leather pants torn at the knees, and lace up, shin-high black combat boots. His eyeliner was sharp and perfect. His hair had been pulled back into a loose ponytail, as it had gotten fairly long. He honestly was gorgeous. Just not to Izuku.

He tired his emerald gaze away from the dancing blonde and scowled. He hadn't really wanted to come. There was so many people there. Eijiro had invited the entire eleventh grade. Izuku had been expecting to be left out of the invitation list, but he hadn't. That was a surprise.

He took a sip of his punch. The burning taste of alcohol hit his tongue. Technically, drinking at his age was illegal. But he was dying of thirst, and this was the only drink they had, besides straight-up whiskey. He preferred the slightly alcoholic punch.

He glanced across the room, to where Katsuki was now chugging shots like his life depended on it. Half the party was cheering him on as Eijiro poured him new shot glasses of whiskey each time he finished one. Izuku scoffed and looked away, scowling. What had happened to his old friend? What an alcoholic.

Minutes passed before he felt someone tap on his shoulder. He glanced up into a set of hazy crimson eyes. A drunken smile passed Katsuki's face, making Izuku want to throw up.

"Hey~" Katsuki said, nearly falling flat on his face. Izuku wrinkled his nose, trying not to look completely disgusted. That's when Katsuki kissed him.

The kiss tasted like whiskey. Not surprising, considering how many shots Katsuki had drank. Izuku flinched a bit, trying to pull away, but Katsuki pulled him closer by his waist. Izuku was sure his face was bright red. He managed to pull away, looking into Katsuki's ruby eyes.