9- High School Musical

(This is kinda cringe. No, VERY cringe. Be warned. No quirk AU, by the way. The stuff in bold is song lyrics, as well. And this is a long one. I could write about theatre all day! I apologize for using High School Musical as their musical- it's the only school appropriate musical I know that they could put on.)

——————

"Sooo... you gonna try out for the school musical this year, Kats?" I sighed and chewed a bite of my sandwich. Eijiro gently nudged me, trying to get me to say something. I swallowed and shook my head.

"I can't. Everyone says that gay people like musicals, and with that rumour of me going around... I can't confirm it by joining the cast," I mumbled. Eijiro rolled his eyes, and Mina lightly punched me.

"You idiot. Don't stop doing the stuff you actually like doing just because everyone keeps saying you're gay. Don't take it like an insult, anyway. It's not. Being gay is so cool," she assured me. "Just join the cast. You're great at acting and singing. And we all know you wanna do it. Plus, extra credit!"

"Mina's right, Katsuki," Eijiro said, frowning. "I know you wanna. You had so much fun last year. And you were amazing!" I sighed and swallowed another bite.

"Lemme think about it," I mumbled.

Eleventh grade was... interesting, to say the least. At the beginning of the year, someone had started a rumour that I'd dated a guy during the summer, and that I was gay. Now it was going around the school like a wildfire. Of course I wasn't gay!

Okay.

Okay, maybe that's a lie.

And maybe I had kissed a guy during summer break. But no one should've been spreading that around. Especially since the guy I kissed also got called gay, and transferred schools during Christmas break because of it.

The world was so confusing.

"Hey, Kats? You listening?" Mina waved a hand in front of my face. I nodded, ignoring my wandering thoughts.

Suddenly, someone walked by our table, and my mind focused on him and him alone.

His messy green and black hair.

His wide, sparkling, emerald green eyes.

His broad shoulders, his muscular form...

Everything.

Every god damned inch of him was... perfect.

"Earth to Katsuki." Eijiro shook me, and I quickly tore my gaze away from the perfect boy. I could've sworn the boy flashed me a quick smile on his way by, but I didn't even know.

"Hold up. Are you looking at Izuku Midoriya? Do you even know who that guy is?" Mina asked incredulously, looking at me. I shook my head.

"First time ever seeing him..."

"Clearly. He's hot, isn't he?" She whispered, turning to look at him. "He's one of the most popular kids in this school, and he's captain of the basketball team. Except he's turned down anyone who asked him out before, and hasn't asked a single person out. No one knows why. Almost half of the school's asked him out- which means that's over a hundred people."

"Oh," I replied softly. It was all I could get out.

Guess there's no point in crushing on him...

"So, back to what we were saying," Eijiro interrupted. "Trying out for the musical. Tryouts are tomorrow. You have to, Kats. When you first started doing theatre you even said you wanted to do High School Musical! And they're doing it this year!"