"Oiiii how do you know I like cakes?"

"I bought it for Mix, he likes cakes"

"Then I shouldn't take this!!"

"Just one, he won't mind, he is quite sharing "

"Sharing!. Hmmm Mr. Gun shall I asked something about Mix ?"

" Yes, sure"

"Is Mix good in studies?"

" That's an odd question but he is below average, never failed but just that "

"It didn't bother you?"

"How is it not a bother to me? Many times I thought that I was at fault here."

"It's not like you gave birth to him. So how is it your fault?"

Gun glared at New sharply for that comment

"Sorry"

" We couldn't afford to raise three kids with only papii's salary so I thought I had to do some kind of job. Some extra would be nice for the family. So Mix was older and the other two were quite younger than him. Mix offered he would help......"

There was a distance look on Gun's face. Then he continued. "When Mix's studies were not good I told him I will take care of everything and asked him to concentrate on his studies. But still he got lower marks only. So he came and told us that's his level and asked us to not compel him for studies. We did put him in some tuition and still he didn't get good marks. So we thought let him be whatever he wants to be. We had two more kids to rise. "

When he spoke the last line Gun felt a pang in his chest.

"If you don't mind, shall I ask one more question"

"Yeah"

"If you couldn't afford it then why did you adopt three kids?"

There was tear glistening in Gun's eyes. "what kind of question is that Dr. New? Do you want me to leave the kids in an orphanage, where they don't even have the basics? "

New hasn't thought about that when he asked the question but now thinking about it he felt ashamed he asked that question. Off and Gun did everything they could for these kids who were abandoned by the people who should be truly responsible for them somewhere.

"I am sorry Mr. Gun." He bowed deeply.

Gun nodded and walked away. But New called after him.

"Mr. Gun it is not your fault"

Gun nodded wiping the tears out of his eyes. He needed to hear that.

He walked into Earth's room who is actually giggling on seeing his father. Everyday he gets a shock and new informations. New raised his eyebrows at Earth's father who just shrugged and showed the drips going on. He was on some medication and high from it.

"Earth I will reduce the pain killer"

Earth was again giggling which was cute and innocent. New didn't have the heart to stop the pain killers after seeing this side of Earth but hey it's wrong of him to not to do so.

New reduced the amount of pain killer he was getting. "How is it Earth? Are you feeling the pain?"

Earth shook his head No.

"Ok good. Shall we talk?"

Earth shook his head yes. Still there is some pain killer messing up his head, but he could understand quite well.

"15mins you will be out of the medicine effect.. anyway have you thought about what I said?"

Earth gave a confused look

" What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of Mix?"

Earth giggled "mine". He again giggled and closed his eyes. 

"Adorable"  when the medicine effect is gone maybe he won't remember this.

New turned to Earth's father "sir, shall I ask you a question?"

"Yes"

"Do you think Mix is brilliant?"

Father Watthanasetsiri thought for a while.

"Initially I didn't think so. Seeing his credentials i thought he was not smart . As I said earlier I only recruited him thinking Earth will give him hard time and anyway he was gonna resign but he is something kind of a street smart, a quick learner. Every other assistant of Earth only lasted 7 days maximum but Mix did last 6years in the company "

This left New deep in thoughts he asked a single question about Mix to two different person and he got two different answers.

But he was startled by that thick voice, coming behind him. He turned to see an unpleasant Earth, out of medicinal effect.

"Mix is actually brilliant, a genius to be precise "

"How? "

Earth thought about for sometime, thinking about Mix he flinched. He turned to New.

"I did some digging. Example if there are 100 questions in the exam and you need 40 marks to pass, Mix gets exactly 40marks always"

He paused and New became impatient

"I sense an 'AND' there Earth"

"And he exactly answers only 40 questions"

Earth gave a cocky smile and little proud of the fact.

New was stunned to learn new things about Mix. If Mix had answered all the 100 questions he would have been the best student any school or college would have produced.

Now he understood the words Mix said to him

"I got low marks in my finals, so Win could get into his dream school"

_______________________________________

Can you guys please comment if the story is on track? Or iam blabbering things😅