Family - Michelle Blake

Start from the beginning

"I need to puke." I mumble, already hunching over a bush and throwing my guts up. Michelle rubbed my back, holding my hair back with her other hand.

"Come on, I don't know if that's the OD or the alcohol." She calmed, I could sense the worry in her voice no matter how hard she tried to hide it.

"I really am sorry." I mumble again, spitting some spit out onto the street as I stood up straight and she continued dragging me closer towards the station.

"What made you take that much? What about me? Did you think about me when taking that much? What about serotonin syndrome?" She said, pulling me past Buck, Eddie, TK and Carlos. I knew that they had heard the last of it but I didn't care, it's not like they cared that much about me at this point anyways.

"We are all gonna die anyways, why not just kill myself now?" I say, laughing as I let silent tears fall down my face. Inside it felt like my heart was being torn apart and I couldn't decide any longer, whether I had made the right choice by taking the pills or not.

"Oh sweets, I'm sorry." She mumbled, pulling back of the ambulance open and sitting me down as she started pulling out all types of equipment and checking my pulse and stuff like that.

I stared off into the distance, feeling high and drunk. I definitely looked high, my pupils were very dilated and I was stumbling quite a lot. My heart felt like it was shattering as I knew I had hit rock bottom. My chest heaved with sobs as I felt all the pain I had been feeling at once, the suspension and the staring at ceilings for no reason. My whole body hurt as I was pulled into a bone crushing hug by Michelle, the one person who fought for me not to get suspended.

I gripped onto her arm, feeling myself drift away from reality again as I had done this morning. My eyes were closed but I could feel them darting around under my eyelids.

"Why is she here?" Carlos said, i opened my eyes to see him pointing at me with a angry expression. Buck, Eddie and TK all stood behind him with a sorry but a little mad face.

"She's here for personal reason." Michelle said, sticking up for me again.

"She's not supposed to be here though." He said again, i could hear the anger raising in his voice and it made me more upset.

"Carlos-" Michelle started but was soon interrupted.

"No, she needs to leave. Luna you need to go. You can't keep coming here, go now." Eddie said, pushing slightly to point his own finger at me.

"Fuck you Eddie." I say, standing up and wobbling slightly.

"No fuck you Luna, you killed a man, an innocent man." Eddie retorted, getting in my face slightly.

"Luna, sit down. You'll pass out." Michelle whispered in my ear, putting an arm around my waist to help if I do faint.

"Are you high?!" Carlos said, close to yelling as he got close to my face.

"She not hi-" Michelle started again, rolling her eyes when i interrupted her.

"Oh yeah I'm high, all because I killed someone by accident and by the way, I'm not a paramedic, I'm a firefighter. I'm not high on drugs I'm high on citalopram for your information Officer Reyes." I pause, looking over at TK with hurt eyes, "TK i really thought you would've stuck by me in all of this, I get why Diaz and Buckley are mad at me but we are supposed to be friends. The only person that had stood by me in all of this has been Michelle and she wasn't supposed to be the only one who stuck by my side. I have spent the last week staring at walls crying my eyes out and no one even thought to check up on me, to see how I was doing. I have spent the last week trying to kill myself and making myself bleed and not eat cause felt that guilty, fuck you all." I yell, tears streaming down my face. I look at their surprised faces and sneer, feeling a wave of dizziness.