The Moon & The Ocean PT2

Y/n pov-

You had walked out on her. As much as it hurt, you know that staying with her would have caused more pain. It had been two weeks since the break up, yet your belongings were still lingering in your shared apartment. You hadn't built up the courage to claim what was yours yet... until today.

You were standing outside the apartment, keys in hand. Although you had made one of your friends text Hailee and organize this, so she wouldn't be there at the same time, you were still rattled in nervousness.

You twirled the keys around your fingers, looking up at the window that you used to sit at, with Hailee, looking out from. You took a deep, long breath before building the confidence to stride your way into the building and climb the stairs.

You hadn't realized how much nostalgia a staircase could hold, yet here you were, being hit with painful waves of memories. You would always race Hailee down the stairs in a daily ritual followed by climbing the stairs back up with chinese take out or a bouquet of tuplets Hailee had spoiled you with on your dates.

You didn't let the tears spill just yet, you had plenty of private time to do that when you finally reached the final step to your journey. You stood in front of the heavy wooden door, lifting your right hand to place the key in the lock.
You opened the lock before pushing the door open.

"Shit." You muttered as you felt your heart stammer inside of your chest.

You took a step inside, looking around as firmlour sights and smells consumed your mind.
You shuffled around the apartment, fingertips running along each object. Your fingers seemed to dance its way along the wooden cabinet that held picture frames on-top.

There it was. The photo you had taken on your third date. The date that Hailee had asked you to become her girlfriend. The date before on of the decision that would soon cause you an intense amount of pain.

You picked the frame up and rubbing the corner. Long held tears had began to make its way down you cheeks. As you scanned the image, you stuck your tongue slightly out in a childish habit, catching the salty tear...

You placed the frame back into its original position, before moving toward the bedroom which held all your belongings. As you entered, you noticed your suitcase had already been packed.

Had Hailee packed your suitcase for you?

You moved closer to it, noticing a small note on top of it in recognisable handwriting.

Just thought it would be easier on you if I did this for you. Hope your okay with it...
Please remember if you ever need anything I'm only a call away
-Hailee

Didn't understand how much a note could hurt, until now. It was like being stabbed a thousand times over. You hated her for trying to help you.

You hands must have been gripping your suitcase so hard while reading the note, your knuckles had become white.

"Fucking hell-" you muttered while rubbing your left hands.

You grabbed your suitcase and walked out of the bedroom.

Flashback-

"Baby I brought you chocolates and a heat pack and flowers! Don't be mad at me!" Hailee opens the door to your apartment.

You were laying in a curled up ball on the couch, groaning in pain. You had gotten your period the night before and your cramps were the worst it had been.

You head shot up from the couch, and there hailee was, holding a plastic bag full of treats with one hand and flowers and a heat pack in the other hand.